4│YOU LIGHT UP MY UNION

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ʏᴏᴜ ʟɪɢʜᴛ ᴜᴘ
ᴍʏ ᴜɴɪᴏɴ ꒱

❝ MY NAME IS SHAWN
& I HAVE A PROBLEM 

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ 

Now that Juliet and Topanga were back with their respective boyfriends, both girls were much happier than they had been when the year first started. For the redhead, it had been a wonderful two weeks (most of which she'd spent attached at the lips with her boyfriend.) Topanga's had been a little less happy, though she felt better now. As a result, the two girls decided that a day of just them was in order to catch up after being emotionally rather than physically separated. Angela and Rachel had been invited to come along but both had been busy, so instead they promised to have a girls movie night later that evening.

They decided to pick up one of their old habits which was to walk the mall while not actually buying anything. As they browsed the stores' front windows, they talked about school and Juliet's orchestra practice, which Topanga insisted that she needed the date of her first performance. She'd apologized for not being as enthusiastic about her friend's new interest as she should have been, but it was understandable with what she had been going though at the time.

Now, they sat in Souplantation which the blonde had chosen because of its made-from-scratch soups. The enclosed restaurant was quieter than the open food court and it made conversation easier, especially for the topic that Topanga was about to broach. "So, Peaches?"

"Yeah?"

"Was there something that you wanted to talk about?"

Juliet, with her spoon held frozen halfway to her mouth, gave her a confused look. "What do you mean?"

"Well that night that Eric and Jack wanted to win back the apartment you said that you wanted to talk about something but we never got a chance to discuss it. Do you want to do that now?"

The redhead stared at her. "How do you remember that?"

The other girl shrugged. "You're my best friend, Peaches. I know we haven't spent a lot of time together recently but I do still care about you, you know."

Her expression softened and some of the doubt she felt dissipated just because of those words. She lowered her spoon back to her bowl before she spoke: "er— yeah. That's. . . actually what I wanted to talk about. I know you guys care about me like I care about you— don't get me wrong— but with everything that was going on between me and Shawn and you and Cory it felt. . . it felt like you didn't. It felt like we weren't really friends anymore," she finished quietly.

"Oh, Peaches," Topanga said sympathetically. She reached her hand out to gently rest it on the redhead's arm. "You should have said something sooner. I'd never want you to feel like that. How long have you felt this way?"

"Um. . . ever since Shawn and I broke up," the redhead replied. "It was like. . . if I wasn't directly connected to the group then I wasn't in the group. It didn't help that with Angela, we made a group of three instead of two so someone is always bound to feel left out. Not that I have anything against her," she added quickly (though that was only partially true), "but it certainly made the feeling more obvious."

"Do you still feel like this?" the other girl asked, sounding genuinely concerned.

"Not really. I mean, from time to time yeah, but that's probably only because you're getting married soon and I don't want to lose one of my best friends."