5│THE TWO-WEEK RULE

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴡᴏ-ᴡᴇᴇᴋ ʀᴜʟᴇ ꒱

❝ YOU SAID MOBY 

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

"Julie! Julie!" Shawn called as he ran into the library. He ignored the irritated looks he received from the other students as he disturbed their peace and made a beeline for his best friend's table in the back of the room. He placed his hands on the surface once he was in front of her as he stared at her eagerly, waiting for her attention.

The girl didn't look up, instead choosing to disregard his appearance and focus on her studies. The only indication that she'd heard him at all was the curt response she gave him: "studying, Shawn."

He rolled his eyes, knowing that she was still mad at him for getting suspended last week. He decided to dig himself a deeper hole and reached forward to yank the book away from her. "Yeah, yeah. Study later! I just solved all of our problems."

The redhead finally gave him the attention he wanted, though her expression was less than pleased. "I highly doubt that. I haven't solved them so I'm sure you couldn't have."

"Our relationship problems, Julie," he corrected her. "I've got two words for you: dos semanas."

"Two weeks?" she asked, confused. "And since when do you know Spanish?"

"I hear it all the time at the trailer park," the boy replied dismissively. "Anyway, don't you think it's genius?"

"I'm going to need a few more words than that, I think," Juliet said. "You're not making any sense."

"Well, you're afraid of losing our friendship if something goes wrong and I'm afraid of hurting you, so I thought about it and came to the conclusion that if we had a set end date for our relationship, we'd know what we were walking into before something terrible happened," Shawn explained enthusiastically.

"That's the most stupid idea I've ever heard," she told him flatly.

"So you're going to say yes, right? It's foolproof."

It was far from foolproof, obviously. "What if one of us doesn't want to break up?"

"That's the beauty of it, Julie. We both know we only get two weeks. There's no exceptions and at the end we can go back to being best friends like we've always been."

"There's no way this is going to work, Shawn," Juliet replied. "None of your plans ever do."

"This one's different," he insisted. "You're agreeing to it and since you're the brains of the operation it's going to work."

Juliet still wasn't entirely convinced since she knew that if she did get two weeks with Shawn, she'd want their relationship to be longer than that. She was worried that after everything, her feelings would deepen and not go away, thus making the breakup harder. Still, maybe she could convince him during the time that a longer relationship might be doable even with their misgivings. Besides, what did she have to lose?

While she did have the danger getting her heart broken, she'd rather take the risk than loose the chance.

After a moment of consideration, she asked one more question: "would I get to call you my boyfriend?"

Shawn gave her a beaming grin. "You'd get all the privileges that come with dating Shawn Hunter, including that," he agreed. "So, can I pick you up at seven for our first date?"