16│A BRAVE NEW WORLD , PT. 2

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴀ ʙʀᴀᴠᴇ ɴᴇᴡ
ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ, ᴘᴛ. 𝟸 ꒱

BUT YOU KNOW YOU'LL BREAK
MY HEART / WHEN I WATCH YOU
CLOSE THAT DOOR / 'CAUSE I
KNOW I WON'T SEE YOU
ANYMORE

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

"I can't believe that we're both gonna be travelling around the world," Rachel said as she held out her arms for a hug.

Juliet stepped forward and embraced her tightly. "No matter where we are, we'll always be Eric's Terror Twins," she promised.

"Oh, I'm going to miss you so much, Jules," she confessed. "You're the best redhead I've ever met."

A faint smile appeared on her lips. "Met many redheads, have you?"

🌎🌎🌎
[Her Answer, 6.2]

It only took a moment for a tall, red-haired woman to appear out of the back room and her expression lit up at the sight of her younger counterpart. "Finally! Another redhead!"

The girl giggled at the gleeful exclamation as Shawn wrapped an arm around her shoulders. "This is Juliet, my girlfriend."

"I'm Rachel," the woman said with a smile as she came down the stairs.

Juliet gently pried herself free from her boyfriend and, almost in unison, the two girls embraced with a familiarity that two kindred souls shared. She stared up at Rachel. "Where on Earth have you been all my life?"

"Texas," the redhead answered simply.

Meanwhile, Eric had made an appearance and watched the exchange, only to turn to Shawn with an exaggeratedly horrified look on his face. "What have you done?" 

🌎🌎🌎
[Friendly Persuasion, 6.4]

When she knocked on the door, the redhead was the one to open it with a bright smile on her face. "Juliet!" she exclaimed happily. "How was orientation—?" her words trailed off at the sight of the girl's expression. There was only a second's pause before the younger girl threw her arms around her friend.

Juliet squeezed her eyes shut as one of her hands reached down to pause her music before she choked out: "Shawn and I broke up."

"Oh, honey," she said with a much softer tone. "Come on, let's get you inside."

🌎🌎🌎
[The Peace ( AKA Eight the Hard Way ), 7.11]

"Rach, wait. I know exactly how you feel."

"How could you?" the older girl asked softly as she turned to her. "You've been friends with them all your life."

"Yes," she agreed. "That's true. But in the months after I broke up with Shawn and things were awkward between us— especially when he tried dating Angela— it felt like they didn't really care about me. It felt like all those years we spent together meant nothing if I wasn't directly interacting with them. It was almost as if nothing would be different if I didn't exist."

Rachel's eyes widened slightly. "That's exactly how I feel."

Juliet offered her a faint smile. "See? I know what it's like. I'd never want anyone to feel like that. Cory and Shawn can be jerks and even if they're told off they don't always listen. I really am sorry for that dumb— worse than dumb— prank they pulled on you."