13│CYRANO

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴄʏʀᴀɴᴏ ꒱

❝ HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

"Hunter! Hey— Hunter!"

Shawn paused on his way to class as he registered his name being called. Turning around, he saw that Jack was running up to him with a bouquet of flowers in his hand.

"Montacute," he greeted the other boy coolly.

"Here, these are for you," the blond thrust the flowers at the dark-haired boy. Shawn gave Jack a weirded-out look. 

"Thanks but no thanks."

"No, not for you to keep. For you to give to Juliet," Jack explained, his voice breathless from the jog to catch up to the other boy.

"I'm not a messenger," Shawn told him coldly.

The blond gave a drawn-out sigh. "These are for you to give to her, from you," he explained clearly.

"What, I can't buy my own flowers?"

"Well, have you?"

"Why would I buy flowers for my best friend?"

Jack gave him a 'really?' look. "Do you think you're fooling anyone with that lie? I'm thowin' you a bone here, man. Take it."

"I don't know what you're talking about," Shawn huffed. "Give Juliet the flowers. I don't care."

"Yes, you do," Jack insisted as he thrust the bouquet at him again. "I know you like her and since I figured you wouldn't be thinking about Valentine's day, I got you these to help out."

"Let's just say for a minute that what you said is true," Shawn began. "I thought you liked her. Why would you help out the competition?"

Jack ran his free hand through his blond hair. "Look, man, it's killing me to give you an advantage but you're what makes her happy so I'm trying to help you out here."

"I only make her happy as her best friend," the dark-haired boy clarified. "That still doesn't answer my question."

The other boy sighed. "I like her so much that I'd sacrifice my own happiness to make sure she gets a good Valentine's Day, and that would only happen if these came from you."

"Yeah, well, that makes two of us," Shawn grumbled reluctantly.

"What?"

"You're what makes her happy so if you want to give her the flowers, go ahead. I'm not gonna stop you."

"No, these are for you to give her," Jack insisted again. How did Juliet put up with this? The bell rang. "I've got to go to class, Hunter. Take the flowers; they won't fit in my locker and throw them out if you really want to. They're just not for me to give."

The blond boy gave the bundle a final push towards Shawn, who was forced to take them before he headed off down the hallway. The dark-haired boy stared at the bouquet for a moment until he came to the decision to put the flowers in his locker for the time being.

🌎🌎🌎

"Cyrano de Bergerac stands in the shadows whispering poetry to the lovely Roxanne but she thinks it's the good-looking guy speaking to her. So, our poor, big-nosed lug wins the heart of the woman he loves but he wins it for somebody else," Mr. Turner lectured them.