14│ A KISS IS MORE THAN A KISS

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴀ ᴋɪss ɪs
ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴀ ᴋɪss ꒱

❝ BONKERS 

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Juliet joined Shawn to meet up with Cory just as Topanga was leaving. "That's great, Cor. I'll see you later."

"See you later," the boy replied as his two best friends approached him.

"Cory, were you just talking to Topanga?" Shawn asked.

"Yeah, well, I was feeling a little chatty and, you know, even though we broke up we're still friends."

"Good for you, Cor," the redhead said happily.

"No, no, not 'good for you, Cor,'" Shawn objected immediately. "She's your ex! Let me spell that out for you: x!"

"I think it's great the Cory and Topanga are still friends," Juliet said with a frown. "Are you telling me that if we had dated and then broken up, you wouldn't want to be my friend anymore?" (She ignored the warmth that rushed to her face.)

"Uh— uh, no— no, that's not what I—" the dark-haired boy immediately tried to fix his mistake. "I'm just saying that's how it is for most people! Besides, I wouldn't break up with you." He finished with a note a finality, though he avoided the girl's eyes at the suppressed thought of actually dating her.

"Look, Shawn. Topanga and I aren't like other couples. We'd be like how you and Jules would've been."

"You're not a couple," Shawn reminded him, "and did you not listen to the hypocritical situation that just happened?"

"Hypothetical, Shawnie."

"Right."

"Whatever. I know."

"My point exactly."

"Then we agree," Cory said.

"No! I think we're saying the same thing."

Juliet smacked her hand to her forehead as Topanga returned. "Cory, I double-checked. We have to be there at three for the Promwear Fashion Fest."

"Oh, good," the redhead said, "I've got to let Jack know too. Hopefully his schedule can be cleared."

"Montacute?" Shawn questioned her accusingly. "Fashion Fest?"

"Yeah. Cory, Topanga, Jack and I are going to go together. Prom wear," Juliet explained.

"Isn't it great that we can still do things together?" Topanga asked happily as she leaned over to peck Cory on the cheek.

"Don't do that," the boy protested.

"I've always done that."

Once she'd left, Cory turned to Shawn. "Shawn, are you crying?"

"I think I lost you, man."

Juliet rolled her eyes. "I think it's a great sign of maturity that Cory and Topanga don't hate each other's guts, though I don't think they ever could."

"Thanks, Jules," the curly-haired boy said, "besides, I said I'd do this Fashion Fest thing when we were still going out. I mean, I can't bail on her."

"Yeah, you can. You've got to move on."

The girl's eyes narrowed at the dark-haired boy. "I'm glad you're still friends with Panga, Cor, but I think you are a little hung up on her."