7│PICKET FENCES

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴘɪᴄᴋᴇᴛ ғᴇɴᴄᴇs ꒱

❝ ARE YOU PROPOSING? 

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

It was only after Cory and Topanga returned from their honeymoon that they realized they hadn't planned for everything. Now that they were married, it was only natural for them to live together; Topanga wanted to move out of the apartment that she was sharing with Angela and Rachel, but they couldn't move into Cory's dorm for obvious reasons. The next few days were extremely tense for them as they tried to find a place to live, at least until Angela heard about a couple who'd had. . . a contentious relationship that eventually got them evicted from their apartment.

That still wasn't ideal because it was an even worse dump than what Rainbow Falls had been and they could only take so many sleepless nights. However, with all of the rearranging going on, Jack had moved back into the apartment so they couldn't escape there and Eric had taken Cory's old dorm. Juliet had felt bad that they were having such a rough go of it so she'd pleaded with Celeste to let them sleep in her dorm, at least for a few nights. Her roommate had thankfully agreed, saying that she'd be happy to cram in with her boyfriend for a couple of days. While she didn't regret her decision to offer the space, Juliet was having second thoughts because she hadn't realized how annoying her best friends could be. 

She had just "put them to bed" for the night and had opened the door to let Shawn in who gave her irritated expression an amused look. "So, babe, how was your day?"

The redhead stood off to the side to let him in as she grumbled, "I don't even want to talk about it."

"Are the kids tucked in?"

He chuckled at the sour face she pulled. "All tucked in. Can we please go take a shower now?"

"When was the last time you had a moment alone?" he asked instead, clearly enjoying her short temper.

"Before the kids came, that's for sure. Are you quite finished?"

Their quiet talking must have been heard by the couple because Topanga propped herself up on the bed. "Bath?"

"Babe, I hate the kids," Shawn complained.

"Be glad you don't live here all the time," Juliet huffed before she turned to the blonde. "No, you're already in your pajamas."

"I wanna be clean!" Cory added his objection as he tossed the covers off to climb out of bed.

She gave a deep sigh. "Guys, you know you're my best friends, right?" The couple looked at each other and nodded as Topanga agreed "yeah!" enthusiastically. "So you know that I say this from a place of the utmost love and affection," she continued, "but I am sick and tired of you. Please get out and don't ever come back."

Cory scoffed. "Oh, you crack me up, Jules."

"Cory," the blonde said tentatively, "maybe we should go back to our. . ."

"Hole?"

"Our. . ."

"Dump?"

"Our. . ."

"Sewer?" They spoke almost in unison as their eyes rounded pleadingly.

"Look," Shawn told them, "we'd love to hang out with you guys forever but right now you're on this new marriage thing and we're on this new serious-couple thing. . ."