15│MODEL FAMILY

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴍᴏᴅᴇʟ ғᴀᴍɪʟʏ ꒱

❝ YOU'RE ALREADY
MY MODEL WIFE ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

"'Once I wished I was a duck as mostly ducks have lots of luck. They swim around al day in a pool and never have to go to school,'" the kid on the TV recited his poem.

"'Beaver, I think that's very, very cute'," his mother told him.

"'Hey, Beav, you still think you'll get a prize for that?'" his brother asked.

"'Sure Wally,'" Beaver said. "'I'm the only kid in the third grade who wrote a poem.'"

The fake audience laughed at the line before the screen went to black.

"So, how do you feel Ward and June handled their family problem?" Mr. Feeny asked them as he turned on the lights.

"They were too perfect," Shawn commented.

"Too TV," Cory added.

"I agree with you, Mr. Matthews," their teacher replied and the boy's eyes widened.

"That's not like you."

"There's a first time for everything," Juliet offered, "but don't get used to it."

Cory turned and gave her a faux-irritated look.

"In fact, you've brought me to today's assignment," Mr. Feeny continued.

"That's like you."

"Told you."

"No one likes a know-it-all, Jules."

"I do!" Shawn chimed in. "But it only looks good on Julie."

Juliet rolled her eyes as Mr. Feeny shook his head at them. "Back in the prehistoric 1950s when Cleavers strode the earth, the U.S. Census indicated that the model American family had a mother, a father and two children."

"Leftovers."

"What are you talking about, Mr. Matthews?"

"Well, last year in fifth grade we divided up into families and solved problems. It's sixth grade now, Mr. Feeny. Families are yesterday's news," Cory explained.

"Very well," their teacher acknowledged. "This year, I shall let you form into urban gangs."

"Cool!" Cory said happily and sat up straighter.

"Each gang with have a mother, father and two children," the older man added. 

The boy slumped in disappointment and slammed his head on his desk as he complained, "you just love dangling that string of hope in front of us and yanking it away, don't you?"

"I had a cat," Mr. Feeny admitted.

"I bet it hung itself," Shawn whispered to them.

"In this assignment, each participant will help the other to become an ideal family member. For instance, Mr. Hunter and Mr. Minkus will be paired as brothers."

Juliet gave them an interested look as both boys facepalmed and muttered "oh, no" in unison.

"And Miss Capelwood will be your sister."

"Oh, gross!" they exclaimed at the same time.

"Ouch. Really, guys?"

Minkus turned to give her an apologetic smile. "It's not you, my sweet. I could never think of you as my sister."