15│TORN BETWEEN TWO LOVERS

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴛᴏʀɴ ʙᴇᴛᴡᴇᴇɴ ᴛᴡᴏ
ʟᴏᴠᴇʀs ꒱

❝ HEY, OCEAN EYES ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

"You and Topanga can't be apart like this," Shawn complained. "It's giving me a heart attack."

"Well, maybe they wouldn't be in this position if you didn't give Cory such ruddy advice," Juliet shot back as her boyfriend huffed at her words.

"I didn't even do anything, okay?" Cory told them. "I meet one other girl, I talk to her and I get a little thank-you note."

"Cory, she wrote you the most passionate love letter I've ever read that didn't start with 'dear Shawn.'" The boy flinched away from the redhead as she aimed a swat at his arm. "What? It's true."

"I can't control what another person puts in a letter, Shawn. Topanga knows that."

The couple followed their friend over to the couch in the school's hallway. The trio occupied the three seats as Shawn gave him a pointed look. "Okay, it's been raining for seven days. How do you explain that?"

"Warm air meets a low pressure system?"

"Wow, you actually listened in our Weather and Climate class?" Juliet asked snarkily, earning a glare from the boy.

"Wrong," Shawn said, ignoring them both. "It's raining because God is crying and he's crying because he created you and Topanga to be the role model of the perfect couple for this entire planet."

"And what does that make us?"

Her boyfriend turned to her with wide eyes as he tried to stammer out a response, causing her to laugh. Juliet reached over to take his hand. "Relax, I was just teasing. We're obviously the most perfect couple in all of existence which includes this little crummy planet."

The dark-haired boy gave her a dreamy look. "Yeah, yeah we are." The bell rang and Shawn brought his attention back to Cory as the boy stood. "You know, guys, Topanga's angry at me. What are you so upset about?"

"Julie and I have always been the slow burn of you and Topanga," Shawn explained. "If the most perfect couple in the world can't work out, what does that mean for us? You have to get back together with her so our relationship doesn't end."

While the redhead didn't think that Cory and Topanga's relationship necessarily translated to hers and Shawn's, she gave her boyfriend's hand a reassuring squeeze anyway and made a mental note to ask him about it later.

"Shawn, I didn't do anything, okay? I fell off a bus. I sat on a couch. I talked to some girl. I didn't write that letter and she kissed me," the boy said firmly.

"But did you pull away?"

"What?" Cory asked with a confused expression.

"When she kissed you, did you stop her?"

"Well—"

Shawn interrupted Cory's hesitation. "Cory, a guy can do no better than Topanga Lawrence." As if remembering her previous teasing, he hastily added, "and Juliet Capelwood."

"Yeah, I know that."

"Then be at Chubbie's after school," he replied simply.

🌎🌎🌎