1│PILOT

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴘɪʟᴏᴛ ꒱

❝ ARE YOU AWARE THAT WE'RE
ONLY ELEVEN YEARS OLD? 

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Juliet felt a gentle tug on one of her braids as Shawn sat down next to her. "Hey Julie."

The redhead rolled her eyes. "Hey Shawnie. You literally just walked me to school."

The boy shrugged. "What, I can't miss my wife after a minute?"

"Cookie partner," she reminded him dutifully.

"Same thing," he answered easily.

Cory joined them then. "He's a teacher, man. Keep ragging on him and he'll make your whole sixth grade miserable," Shawn said, having seen his exchange with Feeny.

"I'm gonna be miserable anyhow. At least I'm taking him with me."

Juliet tugged Shawn's open textbook in front of her. "Hey!"

"What? It's not like you're gonna use it right now anyway," she said as  she flipped through the pages.

"'Can I borrow your book, Shawn?'" the boy said in a slightly falsetto voice before he changed back to his own. "'Yes, of course my loving wife. I would never deny you anything!' 'Thank you! You're the best husband I could ask for!' 'No problem, don't mention it.' Would have been a very easy conversation, Julie."

She shrugged. "Don't mention it?' Alright, I won't." The girl shot him an amused smile and he rolled his eyes.

"You're lucky I love you."

"So, how late did you stay up last night?" Nicholas asked as he spoke for the first time.

"Monologue."

"Monologue, First Guess."

"Monologue, First Guess, Bad Sketch."

"Monologue, First Guess, Bad Sketch, Funny Zoo Animal," Cory said importantly.

"Monologue, First Guess, Bad Sketch, Funny Zoo Animal." Nicholas paused. "Steve Lawrence."

"Woah, Steve Lawrence?"

Juliet rolled her eyes. "Boys."

As the bell rang and they stood, Shawn glanced back at the redhead. "And how many books did you read last night, Julie?"

She grinned. "Four."

He shot her a mock-disappointed look. "That's nowhere near your record. I expect better from you."

The girl gave a little giggle as they left the cafeteria. "I'll do better tonight, promise."

"Four hours 'til lunch," Cory commented with a sigh.

🌎🌎🌎

"She's dead, Mr. Bornihay," Mr. Feeny said as he gestured to the girl lying on his desk. "Pick up the knife and kill yourself."

"Come on, Mr. Feeny," Nicholas said. "You and I both know she's not really dead. May I please stab her a few times just to make sure?"

She rose from the desk and grabbed the knife. "Hey— you touch me with that knife, you better kill me the first time."

"Mr. Feeny. . ."

"Alright, alright."

Juliet watched the action up front while her two best friends clearly weren't focusing. She didn't even have to look to know that Cory was listening to the ball game and Shawn's attention had been caught by what his friend was doing. Baseball was completely over her head and she never understood it no matter how many times Shawn explained it to her.