20│SECURITY GUY

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ sᴇᴄᴜʀɪᴛʏ ɢᴜʏ ꒱

❝ I'M ALWAYS GONNA
BELIEVE IN YOU ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Juliet perched on the arm of a green chair in the Matthews' living room as Shawn sat in the main part of the seat. Cory and Topanga occupied the couch and had SAT prep material spread out on the table in front of them. Shawn leaned across the gap and handed the pair a piece of paper. Cory glanced at the words. "It's a list of colleges."

"Yes, this is where I want the three of you to go," Shawn told him.

"Shawn—" Juliet started, ready to have this conversation for the tenth time.

"Even if I'm not going to school, the four of us should still be together," he continued.

"Okay 'University of Italy,'" Cory read. "Good old U of It."

"Yep. You guys hit the books, you're studying hard. Meanwhile, I'm out in the sun taking tourists around in my big canoe."

"It's called a gondola," Topanga corrected him.

"And that's why you're going to college," the dark-haired boy replied as he stood, making his way to the door.

"Wait, Shawn. You've worked too long to throw it all away now, okay buddy?" Cory protested.

"Why don't you take the SATs?" the redhead suggested. "I bet you'll do really well."

"Fine, fine," he returned to his seat. "I'll take your little test. What's ten minutes of my life, right?"

Topanga picked up on their lie. "Ten minutes? Shawn, they take at least—"

Cory quickly interrupted her, "Shawn, listen. You know, I bet if you take Feeny's review course, I bet you could knock them out in five, slugger."

"No. Too much school, too much Feeny." He tried to leave again. "Bye-bye. I'm going canoe shopping."

"Shawn—" Juliet repeated, more emphatically.

"Bye, Julie. See you later," Shawn cut her off, successfully making his attempt to escape.

Once he'd gone, the redhead turned to the remaining couple with an exasperated look on her face. "I swear I've had this conversation with him at least once a week since we first met. He is going to college."

"We want him to go to college too," Cory agreed, "but how do we do it Shawn style?"

"We could lower the difficulty," Topanga offered, "make it really easy so it seems like it doesn't require as much effort."

"But what about when he finds out it's not that way?" Juliet asked with a frown.

"He'll be in the test by then and too late to back out," the curly-haired boy reassured her.

🌎🌎🌎

At school the next day, they put their plan into action. Juliet sat next to Topanga while Cory faced them on the bench holding the SAT book open. The redhead was avidly watching the stairs, waiting for the dark-haired boy to make an appearance.

"Alright, he's here," she announced as soon as he rounded the corner.

"Okay, Cory, give me another one of those tough SAT questions," Topanga said slightly louder than necessary.