3│IT'S NOT YOU, IT'S ME

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ɪᴛ's ɴᴏᴛ ʏᴏᴜ, ɪᴛ's ᴍᴇ ꒱

❝ SHAWN, YOU'RE
CHEATING ON ME! 

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

"And that, Mr. Hunter, is how babies are made," Mr. Feeny announced as he looked up from the passage he'd been reading.

"I still don't believe him," Shawn said.

"Before I forget, next Friday will be college recruitment day," their teacher continued. "Representatives will be here from USC, NYU and Rutgers." The bell rang and he raised his voice to talk over the leaving students: "and Mr. Matthews, your interview with Stanford has been rescheduled from three to three-thirty."

"Stanford?" Shawn repeated. He paused at the door. "What's that all about?"

The redhead sighed. "Here we go."

"It's just an interview," Cory replied. "It's nothing from nothing."

Juliet followed the boys into the hall as she wondered how much of a blow up this was going to be.

"Cory, when we were little kids, you and Julie promised me that we'd go to the same college together."

"Did I say that?"

"Yes and you also told me that if I graduated high school, you'd take me to Vermont to watch the leaves change," Shawn added.

"I get to come too, right? I worked hard to do so well," Juliet put in. If this was going to turn into a thing then she might as well be a part of it.

"Right, Vermont. October. Write it down," Cory agreed. "And you get to make the arrangements, Jules."

"Oh, fine."

"You know I could never get into Stanford," the dark-haired boy told them as they stopped by their lockers.

"Well, Stanford's just one of the many schools I'm applying to, Shawn."

"I don't think this is gonna help, Cor," the redhead commented mildly as she leaned against the lockers.

"I'm also applying to Wisconsin and Penn."

There it was.

Shawn gasped dramatically. "Wisconsin and Penn? We never discussed those!"

"Well, it doesn't have to be Wisconsin or Penn, Shawnie. It can be a school from your list. What's on your list?"

"You wanna know what's on my list?" he demanded. "Number one: I don't need a list because my best friend Cory wouldn't apply to any school that I couldn't get into which just goes to show Julie's my only real friend."

"Your list makes me feel bad," Cory complained as the boy opened his locker.

"It makes me feel great," Juliet countered cheerfully. She ignored the grumpy look from the curly-haired boy.

"Shawn, you know it's early," the boy continued. "I have no idea what my plans are."

That caused Shawn to slam his locker shut. "Oh, interesting. Your plans, not our plans. Hmm."

"Don't you take that tone with me, Shawn Hunter."

"I'm not taking any tone. If you want to go to college at Stanford, then go. In fact, go now. It'll give you plenty of time to start making new college friends," Shawn snapped. He looped an arm around the redhead's shoulders. "C'mon, Julie."