11│THE BEARD

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇᴀʀᴅ ꒱

❝ HELLO, EARTH TO SHAWN? ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

"So, what's Hamlet supposed to do?" Mr. Turner asked the class. "His uncle offed his father, his mother's sleeping with his uncle, his girlfriend is completely schizoid and people are dropping left to right."

"Sounds like Thanksgiving at my house," Shawn remarked.

"So, Hamlet is faced with a terrible dilemma and he freezes like a bunny in the high beams."

Not Hamlet again, Juliet thought with a sigh as she leaned her head against the palm of her hand. She really, really didn't want a repeat of their sixth grade play. She missed the note passed to Shawn.

Later in Mr. Feeny's class, their teacher was talking about President Kennedy. "October 1962. Young President Kennedy is faced with a seemingly impossible dilemma. Mr. Hunter, what are his options?"

"Marilyn Monroe or his wife?" Shawn asked.

Juliet couldn't help the amused smile that crept on to her face. "Well, at least you've got the right time period," she teased him.

The boy rolled his eyes good-naturedly in response as Mr. Feeny sighed. "You never disappoint, Mr. Hunter."

"Thank you."

"Ah, a note for me," Cory said eagerly. "See, Shawn, you're not the only one—"

"Pass it to Shawn."

The curly-haired boy turned and slammed it on his friend's desk. "Do I have an unlisted desk or something?"

🌎🌎🌎

"Stacy, Linda, Linda, Stacy," Shawn sighed as he set his lunch tray down. "I've never been more depressed in my whole life."

"I know," Cory said as he rolled his eyes. "Two beautiful girls both want you, you poor guy. There's gotta be a hotline you can call. Of course with your luck, a hot girl would pick up and would want you."

Juliet frowned at the conversation and focused instead on her lunch in front of her. Unfortunately, it wasn't appetizing on a usual basis, much less when her stomach was currently in knots.

"If I reject Linda she'll get upset and there is no way I would ever want to see a pout on those beautiful lips."

The redhead leaned her head against her hand against and sighed, sulking slightly as she pushed her food around. Her expression caught Shawn's gaze and he couldn't hide his longing look. "Actually, it looks pretty good."

"Where d'you see that?" Cory asked, confused.

He received no answer from the dark-haired boy until he waved his hand in front of his face. "Hello, earth to Shawn!"

He snapped out of his daze. "But what if I reject Stacy and she flips out and gets a sex change operation and comes back as a really angry man who's seeking her revenge?"

"Idiot," Juliet mumbled as she moved the food from one corner to the other.

"Hey, I've seen it happen," he tried to defend himself.

"Shawn just choose!" Cory exclaimed.

"I can't!"

"Yes, you can. You did it at lunch."