23│HOME

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ʜᴏᴍᴇ ꒱

❝ JUST LEAVE THE
WINDOW OPEN ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Juliet couldn't stop staring at the dark-haired boy next to her, and for once it wasn't because she found him attractive. Well she did, but something else was just. . . strange. Shawn noticed the girl's attention and he smiled slightly. "Take a picture, Julie. It'll last longer," he teased her.

The girl turned faintly pink. "Sorry. I just— well, something seems weird about you today and I can't put my finger on it."

"Good-weird or bad-weird?"

"Uh, the jury's out on that one."

"Shawn, is that the new shirt my mom gave you?" Cory asked as he came up to the pair.

"Yeah. Looks alright now, huh?"

Juliet blinked as she took in both boys' different versions of the same yellow sweatshirt. "That's it! You're wearing Cory's clothes! You didn't tell me you two were dating," she joked.

Her friends made nearly identical disgusted faces at her before Cory turned back to Shawn. "Do you know what she's gonna do when she sees that?"

"My guess is clean it, sew it back together and put an S on it."

The redhead frowned at the boy's tone but since she didn't know how the morning started, she didn't want to get involved unnecessarily.

"Look, she's just trying to be nice to you," Cory said.

"And I'm just trying to get through this without making any waves," Shawn answered. He grabbed Juliet's arm and tugged her off in another direction.

🌎🌎🌎

Juliet had worried about how the boys were getting along in the second half of the three weeks they'd spent together seeing how they got more on each other's nerves than usual. A side effect of them living together was that they tended to spend more time together which, of course, made sense but left her feeling rather. . . alone. Not lonely since she was used to living at home by herself, but she missed spending time with her best friends.

The red-haired girl was lying flat on her back on her bed, faceup to the ceiling with her headphones over her ears and her Walkman playing ABBA. She didn't even hear her window slide up or see her (favorite) visitor slip inside, the two-story climb hardly a preventative for the boy to take the route. It was only when Shawn shook her gently did she sit up abruptly and slide her headphones off. "Shawn! What are you doing here?"

He gave her a slight pout. "I thought you'd be happy to see me."

"Well I am, but don't you have a curfew with Cory's parents?"

"And you claim to know me, Julie," he said as he sat on the edge of her bed. "What are you listening to?"

"ABBA."

"Nice. What are you doing by yourself?"

"Well, since you're spending so much time with Cory I don't have anyone else to spend time with," she explained. "Besides, it's late and it's a school night."

Shawn rolled his eyes at the second excuse. "What about that Jack guy?"

"He lives too far away," she shrugged.