𝗉𝗋𝗈𝗅𝗈𝗀𝗎𝖾

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇs​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴀʀʟʏ ʏᴇᴀʀs ꒱

❝ I THINK I LOVE YOU ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Before there was Shawn, Cory, Topanga and Juliet, there was Juliet and Shawn.

The red-haired girl didn't seek out the dark-haired boy right away. In fact, kindergarten was nearly over before she even thought to approach him. Juliet was a pretty girl with flaming red hair and blue eyes, thus making her rather popular among the other girls of her class. She was bubbly and bright and no one thought twice to ask her where she was from despite her second-hand clothes and pawn shop books.

Shawn, on the other hand, despite his smooth dark hair and blue eyes, was quiet and defensive when approached, especially once the secret got out about where he lived. Not many of the other kids wanted to be friends with him after that and so he spent most of kindergarten alone and watched the others play together.

That was, until the spring of that year when Juliet finally noticed a boy sitting by himself. She wasn't sure what had caught her attention about him but he just looked so. . . lonely. She stood.

"Where are you going, Jules?" one of her friends, Sarah, asked.

The girl looked down at the blonde. "I wanna sit with him. He looks nice." She pointed to the boy.

Sarah made a face. "Don't you know where he's from? My mommy says he's not from good people."

She shot the other girl a confused look. "Have you spoken to him?"

"No. Why would I want to?"

Juliet shrugged away the girl's concerns and gathered her lunch, skipping slightly to where the boy sat. She put her food down and paused. "Can I sit with you?"

The boy hunched his shoulders slightly. "Why?"

She tilted her head, causing her twin braids to appear slightly askew. "You look lonely."

"Haven't you heard—"

"I don't care what people think," she said firmly. "Unless you're a big meanie I think we'd be great friends."

Shawn couldn't help but smile at the statement. Friends. He shrugged, seemingly careless. "Okay, I guess. If you really don't mind."

She shot him a bright smile as she sat down. "I don't. And I'm Juliet."

"Shawn," he answered. He turned more fully to look at her and his eyes widened slightly. Oh.

Juliet laid out her lunch again, ignoring Sarah's eyes staring at her from across the lunchroom. "Besides," she continued, "we're from the same neighborhood, anyway."

"What?" She lived in a trailer park?

"Rainbow Falls, the apartment complex next door."

"You live there?" He couldn't keep the surprise out of his voice. Everyone knew that place was pretty much a dump. The redhead nodded as she opened her sandwich bag. "How come I've never seen you, then?"

She shrugged and took a bite of her sandwich. "Maybe you were just never looking," she said with her mouth full.

By the time lunch was almost over, Juliet and Shawn were very nearly friends. The last act that would cement their lifelong relationship came in the form of a three-piece package of Oreos.