10│THE PEACE ( AKA EIGHT THE HARD WAY )

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐓𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴇᴀᴄᴇ ( ᴀ.ᴋ.ᴀ
ᴇɪɢʜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴡᴀʏ ) ꒱

❝ LOSE ONE FRIEND. LOSE ALL
FRIENDS. LOSE YOURSELF 

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

"And so, my precious little jackals, here's the bottom line: no one leaves this room until you have healed every relationship in this group, no matter how long it takes," Mr. Feeny addressed them.

They were seated sporadically throughout the classroom to keep an obvious distance from each other as they refused to meet their friends' eyes. Only Eric was confident enough to do so as he stood behind their teacher and echoed his words. "No matter how long!"

"Shut up."

"Shut up," Eric agreed loudly.

"How can you possibly keep us here against our will?" Topanga asked.

"A minus."

"Well played, old man," the blonde allowed as she slowly sat back down.

"I know this group as well as anyone living and I will not have it falling apart. Not now!"

"So what if we can't fix things?" Cory wondered.

"Well, then you will go through life without each other."

"Come on, guys. We can do this. We're all adults here," Eric encouraged them.

Cory pointed to Rachel. "She started it!"

The redhead copied the gesture but aimed it at Shawn. "He parked in my spot!"

"She overreacted," he defended himself.

"They took apart my car!"

"She glued my pants!" the curly-haired boy shouted.

"This isn't about any of that," Jack told them.

"What is it about?" Mr. Feeny prompted him.

"It's about they're jerks," Angela replied.

"It's about that these friendships aren't what we thought they were."

Juliet silently watched the group argue as she sat apart from them in her traditional corner chair. It wasn't in her usual corner, though, and she sat as far away from her friends as she could. She was still furious that Shawn would think that their 'prank' had been a good idea and thought that it was better to stay quiet than fan the flames.

"Because I care about you," Mr. Feeny answer Cory's previous question.

"He cares about us, okay? And I care about us, too," Eric told them. "We've been friends all our lives."

"No. No, we haven't. That's the point," Jack said.

"Some of us have been friends all their lives," Angela added.

"And some of us haven't," Rachel agreed. "It's an exclusive club and we're not in it."

"No it's not," Juliet spoke up for the first time. "Not everyone that you think is in it actually is."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Shawn asked as he turned to face her.

"Oh, like you don't know."

"I don't!"

"I don't know why you guys are making such a big deal about this," Cory cut in.

"Because it is a big deal!" the brunette insisted as her irritation drove her to her feet.