7│EVERYBODY LOVES STUART

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏʙᴏᴅʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇs sᴛᴜᴀʀᴛ ꒱

❝ HE'S A DISGUSTING ASSHOLE 

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

"I believe a person is responsible for her own destiny and can be anything she wants if she wants it bad enough and she never, ever gives up," Topanga finished her argument.

Their teacher, Stuart, opened his arms to gesture in her direction. "Ladies and gentlemen, let's hear it for Topanga Lawrence, the next President of the United States."

As they clapped for her speech, Cory spoke up: "uh, everybody, that makes me the first lady." He chuckled. "You see how secure I am in my sexuality?"

"Now come on Topanga, do you really believe in all that Little Mary Sunshine stuff?"

"Yes, I do."

"So do I, to a point," he agreed before he noticed a hand in the air. "Come on, Juliet. What have I said about classroom formalities? Just speak up, let's hear what you have to say!"

She lowered her arm and stated clearly: "I disagree."

"Ooh," their teacher cheered enthusiastically. "Go on."

"You know I love you, Panga," Juliet began, "but motivation can't solve everything. Something will always try to stand in your way. There are always contingencies and thresholds to achievement that can prevent someone from reaching their full potential. Financial setbacks, natural hazards, even a person's own self-doubt. It doesn't matter that a person wants to be something, there has to be the opportunity to get there as well and more often than not an obstacle will keep a person from the end goal."

"Excellent," Stuart said as he clapped his hands. "Any word from the peanut gallery? Shawn!"

"Stuart!"

"Nice haircut."

"Thanks, eight bucks."

"Looks like it," he replied. "Now, Topanga and Juliet have two different arguments. Topanga says that you are in charge of the path your life takes. What philosophical belief is that?"

"Free will."

"Hey, he's a big deal with the new hair."

"She's in charge of her own actions and therefore creates her own destiny," Shawn answered.

"Good hair and good answer. Do you believe either of them?"

"In my experience, when those two debate, it's best to remain neutral."

"I don't doubt it," the man agreed with a smile before he turned to the curly-haired boy. "Now how about it, Romeo? You buy what they're saying?"

"Yeah, I do. I think you have to have at least some control over things that happen to you even if it's not complete," Cory stated.

"Really?" Stuart questioned him. "Cory Matthews wakes up one morning. He kisses his lovely wife. He leaves his nice suburban home and then gets hit by a bus."

"I'll miss you, buddy!" Shawn called out.

"No, I don't get hit by a bus."

"Why not?"

"Because I use the cross walks, I memorize the bus schedules and if I got a wife like Topanga, I ain't leaving the house!"

"Now we'll look at Juliet's side. You do everything possible to avoid the bus. It hits you anyway. Now, what's that called?" their teacher asked.