17│A THOUSAND WORDS

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ᴀ ᴛʜᴏᴜsᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴏʀᴅs ꒱

❝ WHATEVER YOU WANT, BABE ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

"Have you checked on Juliet and Shawn recently?" Barron asked as he looked up from the book he was reading to glance over at the redhead.

Daly kept her eyes focused on her notes, too focused on studying for her final tests. "What?"

"Juliet and Shawn," the man repeated. "Have you checked in with them?"

She pulled her gaze away from the papers in front of her to give the dark-haired man an irritated look. "What?"

"It's probably been half an hour," he informed her with a grin. "You should make sure they're still following the rules."

Daly looked over at the clock and her eyes widened. "Shit!" she exclaimed and hastily closed her books. The chair screeched slightly against the floor as she stood up abruptly. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"I thought you knew."

The redhead picked up a crumpled piece of paper and hurled it at the man as she huffed with annoyance. "It wouldn't kill you to check on them."

Barron batted the ball away and gave her a smug look. "You're her mother. She'll probably listen to you more than me."

Daly sent him an irritated glare before she spun around and made her way to her daughter's room. The family (Daly and Juliet) had recently moved back in to the completed, fully renovated apartments a couple of weeks prior. Juliet had gratefully foregone going to whatever sports game Cory and Shawn were going to attend in order to help her mom move and now they were settled in to their old-new home. The other residents appreciated the new space as well and much thicker walls.

The older woman paused outside of her daughter's room where loud music could be heard pouring from the radio which covered up any other sounds. Daly knocked before she entered and announced "doors open at eleven!" as she pushed the door open the rest of the way.

The two teens looked a little too casual, with Shawn leaning against Juliet's headboard as he attempted to look bored while the redhead lay on her stomach while she pretended to read a magazine. She looked over at her clock. "It's nearly one in the afternoon, mom. Nowhere near eleven."

Daly wasn't fooled; she could see the obvious signs of an interrupted make out session with her daughter's rather breathless voice and flushed face and both teens had red lips and bright eyes. She gave the younger girl a stern look. "Three inch minimum, darling. Did you forget the half-hour check in?"

"Did you?" she countered, glancing up from the glossy pages of her magazine.

Daly ignored the remark and turned her gaze to include Shawn as well. "I don't want grandchildren before I'm sixty."

Juliet's face turned redder. "Mom!"

"I'm just saying, keep the door open—"

"Three inches, yeah, yeah, I know," she grumbled.

"Good girl."

Juliet gave her mother a mocking woof to imitate a dog as the older woman rolled her eyes. She left the door open as she returned to her studying. Once she was gone, Shawn rolled over until his shoulder was pressed against hers and he turned his head to grin at her. Juliet glanced up from the page she was reading. "What?"