7│TRUTH AND CONSEQUENCES

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ & ᴄᴏɴsᴇǫᴜᴇɴᴄᴇs ꒱

❝ LIFE MOVES ON & SO HAVE I ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Juliet and Jack left Mr. Williams' class and the blond offered to carry her books. The girl just shook her head and instead said, "so, what do you want to do for the social media project?"

They'd been assigned as partners to come up with a newsworthy story for their broadcast later this week. Juliet knew Shawn and Cory would do the bare minimum and as much as she. . . didn't know how she felt about Jack, she was glad she had someone to do the project with. The boy glanced at her. "We could interview my dad," he suggested.

"Your dad? I thought you didn't want me to meet him."

"We can just say it's for the project," he shrugged, making the girl frown.

"You're ashamed of me."

The blond stopped in his tracks and turned to look at the redhead with wide eyes. "What?" he exclaimed, "Ocean Eyes, that's not true!"

Juliet sighed. "But you don't want to tell your dad we're dating."

"No, no, that's not it," Jack corrected her quickly, reaching out to place his hands gently on either side of her arms. "I am ashamed, but not of you. Never you, Ocean Eyes. I just. . . I think my dad's reaction to you will be very embarrassing for me and I don't want you to think that that's how I think."

The redhead looked up and saw how genuinely he was looking at her; the boy's normally bright blue eyes dark with seriousness. She studied his expression for a moment before she nodded reluctantly. "Alright, we can interview your dad. I'll be behind the camera and you can ask him the questions if you want?"

"Sounds good. Seriously, it's not you," Jack repeated firmly.

"Right," the redhead agreed and while she was convinced, she still couldn't help but feel slighted.

🌎🌎🌎

"Alright, next up we have Capelwood and Montacute's report," Mr. Williams said as he slid the tape into the receiver. "They interviewed Mr. Montacute, a highly successful CEO to get the top advice in the industry to cover our business section."

The screen lit up to show a dark-haired man with sharp blue eyes. He was sitting in a leather swivel chair that was commonly seen in an expensive lawyer's office. A large desk of dark wood sat bare to his right. The only items on it were a top-of-the-line computer and on the opposite side was a glass paperweight. The office space itself was mostly empty and brightly lit with a wall of important-looking books that sat behind the man and a few sophisticated paintings on the other two sides. The third was all windows which let in plenty of light and were partly obscured by office plants.

"'Alright, uh, dad. Today we're going to be interviewing you about some business savvy-things kids like us can do to help prepare ourselves for the future,'" Jack's voice said as the camera moved out to include the blonde boy in the frame.

"'Yes, you've told me this Jackson. Get on with it, I don't have all day,'" Emyr replied shortly.

"'I guess I'll get right into it then. So, why did you decide to become a banker?'" Jack asked.

"'It's been the family business since before I was born so of course I was going to follow my father's footsteps, though it looks like the tradition won't be continued,'" the dark-haired man said pointedly, causing the blond to shift in discomfort. "'I wanted to build up our current financial wealth by opening our banks to the common people and expand our audience which was a vision I was successfully able to carry out.'"