18│LIFE LESSONS

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ʟɪғᴇ ʟᴇssᴏɴs ꒱

❝ THE MITOCHONDRIA IS THE
POWERHOUSE OF THE CELL! ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

A group of students including Shawn, Cory, Topanga and Juliet were crowded around a pinned-up paper in the hall. "Finals!" Cory exclaimed, "oh my God. I didn't even see it coming!"

"Three in one day!" Juliet complained as she quickly read the paper.

"English, Chemistry and History with only ten minutes in between? That's not enough time to study!" Shawn added.

"Cory, do not even try to call me for the next two weeks. I'll be incommunicado," Topanga said firmly before she walked away.

"Wow, that's guts," Shawn commented, "we're studying and she's off to Mexico."

"This schedule stinks, man," a student behind them grumbled.

"Whoa, guys. Guys, calm down, alright? Now, if we devote the next two weeks to studying in the library we got no problem," Cory suggested.

🌎🌎🌎

Juliet did just that. Grades had always been important to her and she had a strong desire to prove her intelligence, so there was no way she was accepting anything less than a B-plus. On one hand, it made her social time very short. On the other, all the time she spent at the library helped her avoid going home. She still was on rocky ground with her mom and the situation was made even more uncomfortable whenever Barron tried to talk to her, so she continued to make it a point to make herself unavailable.

Luckily, some of the subjects were easier for her than others so she worried less about English and History and focused most of her efforts on Math and Science. She brought those textbooks with her everywhere and loose pieces of paper often followed her path, usually covered with numbers from her studying. She was currently reviewing her Science notes when she half-listened to Cory complain (again). "Guys, we got a problem here. I mean, finals start in two days. How did this sneak up on us?"

"I don't know man 'cause these books haven't left my side in two weeks," Shawn answered.

"You know, Shawn, what kind of evil, sick, twisted mind would think of a finals schedule like this?" Cory asked.

Mr. Feeny had wonderful timing. "Hi, gang."

Cory and Shawn stood as the curly-haired boy addressed him, "Mr. Feeny, about this finals schedule. It's either gotta be a mistake or a joke."

"And let's face it," Shawn remarked, "you're not really funny."

"And you're not really studying. I suggest you take a leaf out of Miss Capelwood's book."

"Jules?" Topanga asked as she shook the redhead slightly. "Jules? Pay attention."

Her head jerked up. "The mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell!" She turned faintly pink when people turned to stare. "Sorry."

"You know, if we just buckle down and study I'm sure we would have no problem at all," Topanga suggested.

"I'll tell you when we've got no problem. It's when we get rid of Feeny," a boy named Denny spoke.

Cory laughed until his words registered. "What do you mean?"

"I mean get rid of him," he answered evenly before he stalked off.