2│BOY MEETS REAL WORLD

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐓𝐖𝐎 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ʙᴏʏ ᴍᴇᴇᴛs ʀᴇᴀʟ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ꒱

❝ I THINK SHAWN WOULD
MAKE A GREAT UNCLE JESSE 

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

"'Hi, Julie,'" Shawn said into the phone he was holding. "'Yeah, every day until the end of the school year is available. You're available every day too? That's great!'" He gave the camera a goofy smile.

The lens then swung around at Jack's entrance to show that the older Hunter was wearing a suit. "'Hey, brother Shawn. It's me, Jack, home from college. Got an A. Now they want me to teach.'"

"'Cut!'" Cory's voice called from offscreen.

The film ended and Mr. Feeny turned off the TV as the students clapped for Cory's work. "An excellent start on your documentary, Mr. Matthews," his teacher praised him.

"What?"

"Yes, excellent. I said 'excellent' and I was talking about something you did. I don't know what came over me."

"Wow, Mr. Feeny. You really think I made a good film?" Cory asked.

"No," Mr. Feeny corrected him. "I think The Graduate was a good film. What we have here is an excellent—"

"What?"

"Don't toy with me, Mr. Matthews," the older man told him sternly. "I would simply suggest that this being your senior year and NYU having a wonderful film program that this student film could be your foot in the door to a fine university."

The curly-haired boy took the tape from his teacher and returned to his seat. He leaned towards his girlfriend. "This film could be my foot."

"That said, are there any comments on the documentary we just saw?" He nodded to a girl in the back. "Yes, Angela?"

"No offence, Cory, but your project looks like you ripped off that show on MTV, The Real World," she stated.

"I have no knowledge of this Real World of which you speak. My real world is the real, real world."

As the bell rang, Juliet slung her backpack on her shoulder and approached the curly-haired boy. "Well I think it reminds me of a smaller, less professional cast of Full House. I think Shawn would make a great Uncle Jesse."

"Only because you're biased," Topanga teased her.

🌎🌎🌎

Juliet sat on the cot in Morgan's room that the Matthews had set up for her as Cory sat on his sister's bed nearby. He raised the camera and focused it on her. "So, how do you like living with me, Jules?"

"Is that really the most important question you wanna ask?" she questioned him and sighed when he didn't reply. "Okay, fine. It's nice. I like having a little sister and your parents are great. I'm not really a fan of the curfew but I'll take it over a five hour drive every day."

"You sound a lot like Shawn, you know," Cory pointed out. "How's that going, by the way?"

"Pretty good, all things considered," Juliet replied, her face turning its usual pink whenever the topic was mentioned. "He's my best friend. I'm glad things are working out."

"So, when do you think he'll ask you to be his official girlfriend?"

"Cory," the redhead said reproachfully. "That's not a camera-appropriate conversation. Why don't you ask me something else?"