12│THE GRASS IS ALWAYS GREENER

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴀss ɪs
ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ɢʀᴇᴇɴᴇʀ ꒱

❝ I THINK YOU'RE HAVING
MARRIAGE PROBLEMS ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

"Hey, Juliet."

The redhead jumped slightly at the sound of Topanga's familiar voice and pulled her head out of her locker. "Hey, Topanga," she answered, giving the girl a slightly confused look. "What's up?"

It wasn't unheard of that the two would hang out and work on school projects as partners; Topanga was, after all, Cory's girlfriend, so the two were bound to spend some time together. They got along pretty well, too, and often shared similar views. It was just that they didn't really spend any time after school together or talk unless they were already spending time together as a group, so Topanga initiating a conversation was kind of unusual.

The other girl looked surprisingly awkward as she said, "not much. I, um, had a question."

"Shoot," Juliet answered as she reorganized some of her books.

"How do you and Jack keep things interesting while you're dating?"

Juliet looked up from her task and over to her friend to study the girl's frown. "Uh, can I ask why you wanna know?"

Topanga shrugged and shifted her bag on her shoulder. "I'm just. . . curious, is all."

"Right," Juliet answered, not fully convinced. "Anyway, we usually go on different trips or do unusual things like bike through the Pennsylvania countryside or go to some type of expensive dinner or out to see a show. It helps that he has the money and resources to do that sort of thing but. . . the main answer I guess is that we change things up and don't let ourselves get into a routine."

"And you and Shawn?" she prompted.

The girl turned faintly pink. "We're not a couple, Panga."

"Not yet you're not," she corrected the redhead before she continued, "you've spent your entire lives around each other and aren't bored yet. There has to be some sort of secret."

"Not really. I mean, I don't spend every second with him so that helps. We both understand that we need our space. Um, Shawn's pretty spontaneous, too. We were invited to a school dance this week and I would've said no if only I had been invited but since he agreed, I did too." She turned away from her locker and closed it to study the other girl. "What's really wrong?"

Topanga sighed. "You're the only person I really know who's had more than one boyfriend and you always seem to have a great time."

"First of all, I only have had one boyfriend. Second, did you double with Cory's parents again?"

"Only on Friday and Saturday," Topanga answered.

"Panga, you need to double with someone your own age or at least have some space." At the girl's wide-eyed look, Juliet quickly added: "not for good! Just for the weekend. It might help."

"It wasn't all last weekend," she protested, "on Sunday, it was just me and Cory. I bought a new dress and Cory new slacks."

The redhead stared at her friend with wide eyes. "Who— our age— uses the word slacks?" she asked incredulously.

"You just did."

"Only because you did! Topanga, I think you're having marriage problems," she announced bluntly.