19│THE WRONG SIDE OF THE TRACKS

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ sɪᴅᴇ
ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴀᴄᴋs ꒱

❝ SHAWN MAY BE AN
IDIOT BUT HE'S MY IDIOT ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Juliet had hung out with Jack all week. While she couldn't say that she liked hanging out with him more than she liked spending time with Shawn and Cory, it was certainly a nice type of different. He barely worried about spending too much money or what activities actually cost and he didn't mind paying for her share either (he kept insisting since he claimed it was all part of him 'wooing' her— and it was working more than Juliet wanted to admit.)

They'd gone to a private movie showing on Monday, driven in his expensive car and taken a boat out on the Delaware River on Tuesday, gone to Philadelphia again to have a five-star dinner out on Wednesday, he'd sent her shopping with Dalya on Thursday for a whole new wardrobe and on Friday they'd gone to see The Eagles in one of Philadelphia's concert halls. It had been a whirlwind week and Juliet was glad she'd had no major tests to worry about so she could relax and enjoy all of it. It had been a taste of a life she'd never get to have and how she'd imagined a stereotypical rich person would be live.

Now that it was Monday again, the whole week had seemed like a dream even as she saw Jack approach her from down the hallway. When the boy was closer, he slung his arm comfortably around her shoulders. "So how'd you like last week, Ocean Eyes?"

"Definitely one of the best weeks of my life," she admitted as they walked down the hall together towards the cafeteria. "I've never done so many things all at once."

"Well, you can get used to it seeing as I'm hopefully going to be spending a lot of time with you in the near future."

The girl's eyes narrowed. "As much as I enjoyed the concert and private movie and boat outing, I hope you're not trying to buy my affection because if you are, I'm out for good."

Jack's expression lost its amusement as he became serious. "Hey, Juliet," he began and he turned to the girl to place his hands on her shoulders as he looked at her with intense blue eyes. "I'm not that type of person. I know money only goes so far in relationships. I'm just trying to treat you how I think you should be treated. If-if you were my girl, I'd make sure you'd never want for anything and not just because I'm 'buying your affection' as you said. I know you don't have a lot of opportunities right now and I'm happy to provide you with an outlet. Even if my 'wooing' doesn't work I'm glad to be your friend, okay? I don't want you to think I'm just doing this to get you to have romantic feelings for me." He paused. "Okay, maybe I am a little but that's not the whole reason."

The redhead relaxed and smiled up at him. "Well, thank you for being honest, but I'll be watching you very closely, mister," she teased him.

Jack rolled his eyes playfully at her and resumed his position as they continued on their path. "So, what about this weekend? Got any plans?"

"Well, I do have Feeny's test coming up," she sighed. "That's gonna be annoying but other than that, nope."

"So, you wanna go out with me? We can do a bike ride through the Pennsylvania countryside. It's beautiful in the spring," Jack suggested. "After you study for your test, of course."

Juliet thought for a moment before she nodded. "Sure."

The boy beamed brightly. "Say it again."

"Yes, I'd love to go out with you," she repeated with an eye roll.