13│NEW FRIENDS AND OLD

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ɴᴇᴡ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅs & ᴏʟᴅ ꒱

❝ YAY, I LOVE YOU! ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Juliet's mouth opened in surprise as she came out of her classroom to find Cory and Shawn standing in the middle of the hallway wearing cheerleading outfits. She tried not too laugh too obviously as kids around them whistled at and mocked the pair.

"Hey, check out the new competition. Pretty hot, huh?" Eric asked from behind the redhead.

"Look at them, they must starve themselves," Topanga agreed.

"They could be on the cover of Vogue," Juliet added as she fought a smile.

"No wonder I never made the squad," Topanga finished, walking away.

"Well, Cory, those Buns of Steel videos must have paid off," Shawn said.

Juliet stepped towards them and bit her lip to keep her laughter from spilling out as she took in the full uniform, which also included pom-poms. Cory sighed. "I know you want to laugh."

"Who, me?" she asked innocently.

"Yes, you. You're always telling us how stupid we are so now you can laugh at us."

"Cor, I say that from a place of love and affection," she defended herself, though her lips twitched in a smile.

"Come on, this is Julie. She's not gonna laugh at us," Shawn added.

"He's right," the redhead agreed, "I don't find this funny at all. I do think that we're going to remember this for a long, long time, though."

The boys gave her suspicious looks. "What does that mean?" Cory demanded.

"It means. . ." the redhead began slowly as she reached in to her bag to pull out her Polaroid camera. "That I'm going to immortalize your shame. Smile!"

Neither boy followed her direction as they both glared at the camera while she took the picture.

🌎🌎🌎

At lunch, Juliet pulled out the photos and showed them to Topanga, who couldn't help laughing (again). "Oh my god, I can't believe you took pictures of them! You're gonna keep them forever, right?"

The redhead grinned. "I'll use it to blackmail them and then show it to whoever I want," she said cheerfully, stowing them in her backpack again so no harm would come to them.

The two girls had been spending a lot of time together after Topanga broke up with Cory. It seemed as though the boy had been the reason for the two girls not hanging out with each other since Topanga had spent a lot of time with him. It had been rather surprising at first for how well they'd gotten along but it really should have been expected since they shared similar women-empowerment opinions and world views as a whole. Juliet had also always defended her when Shawn and Cory had been unnecessarily mean in elementary school so there was no reason for them to dislike each other.

It was nice to finally have a female friend as Juliet had never had a good one before. There'd been a few girls here and there that she'd hung out with but eventually they'd either gotten on her nerves (usually for insulting Shawn) or she got on theirs (usually for being not "girly" enough.) Topanga, on the other hand, was very open-minded about her lack of "girl knowledge" and Juliet had been an enthusiastic learner of what girls did for fun. While she didn't like everything, obviously, there were some things— like go to the mall just to walk around— that the two girls did often.