5│KILLER BEES

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴋɪʟʟᴇʀ ʙᴇᴇs ꒱

❝ I THINK I JUST FELL IN
LOVE WITH YOU AGAIN 

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ 

"I have graded last week's geography exam," Mr. Feeny announced from his desk before he moved from behind it to pass the papers back. "And the highest score goes to—"

"Minkus. Was it achieved by Minkus? It went to Minkus, right?" Cory interrupted him loudly.

"Mr. Minkus," their teacher finished.

"That's a shock."

Juliet laughed with the rest of the class as Shawn pulled a crumpled piece of paper— probably his math homework— from his backpack.

"Thank you, Mr. Feeny," Minkus said. "Your bonus question was a real stumper."

Shawn hurled the ball at the back of the boy's head, which prompted an 'ow' from him. Juliet leaned over and poked his side more lightly than usual, earning an eyeroll from the boy next to her. He'd take her scolding over being nice to Minkus any day.

Mr. Feeny ignored the interaction and continued to hand back papers. "Miss Owens, great improvement. Mr. Baker, very nice. Miss Capelwood, excellent work as always."

Juliet grinned at the teacher and accepted her test, pleased with the red A that marked the top of the page.

"Mr. Matthews, well— there it is," he said with a sigh.

His eyes widened in shock. "A C? But I actually studied for this test! Why'd I get a C?"

"Let's see, where to begin?" he asked as he took the test from Cory. "Well, for one Mr. Matthews, this section of the map isn't East Germany."

"It's not?"

"Perhaps you've heard of a little incident called the Berlin Wall?"

"Was that during baseball season?" Juliet laughed at Cory's question. With her larger knowledge of history and limited understanding of baseball, she probably found it funnier than it really was.

"There is no East Germany anymore."

"But the textbook says it's right next to West Germany!"

"Yes, well, your textbook also says that Alaska and Hawaii would make great states one day," Mr. Feeny pointed out. "Things change, Mr. Matthews. Unfortunately, the board of education doesn't have the funds to keep up."

"Then how am I supposed to keep up?" he protested.

Next to her, Shawn was turning his test into a paper airplane. Juliet sighed. "Shawn."

"What?"

"What did you get?"

He shrugged. "Another F. Nothin' new." He shifted under her gaze. "Don't look at me like that, Julie. You know this stuff doesn't stick in my head."

"Only because you don't try," she argued. "I've asked you to study with me before—"

"—and I have. You're just too smart for me." He threw the paper airplane at the back of Minkus' head, prompting another 'ow' from the boy.

🌎🌎🌎
[One Year Ago]

"Okay," Juliet said as she looked at the history papers spread out in front of her. "If George Washington was the first US president and John Adams was the second, who's the third, Shawnie?"