13│THE STUDENT IS ( NOT ) ALWAYS RIGHT

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴜᴅᴇɴᴛ ɪs
( ɴᴏᴛ ) ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʀɪɢʜᴛ ꒱

❝ YOU [ WERE WRONG ] &
THE WORLD ISN'T ENDING! ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

"An interesting thing happened when I was grading this assignment, Mr. Hunter," Mr. Feeny said as he passed back the assignments. "Yours wasn't there."

"Oh! I can explain that," Cory cut in quickly.

"I was speaking to Mr. Hunter."

"Well, see, Shawn and I, we think so much alike that we decided to write one paper," the curly-haired boy explained.

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Then you won't mind sharing a grade."

"No, alright. So what do we get?" Shawn asked.

"Well, this was a well thought out paper. It deserves a B."

"Very fair."

"Divided by two," their teacher continued, ripping the paper in half, "makes a D for you and a D for you."

"Well actually," Juliet spoke up, "a B is an eighty-six. Eighty-six divided by two is a forty-three, so it's lower than a D which is a sixty-seven to sixty-nine."

Mr. Feeny glanced at her as he handed back the halves. "Do you think you know grading averages better than I do, Miss Capelwood?"

The redhead quieted as Shawn accepted the assignment. "Still fair."

"But Mr. Feeny," Cory protested, "come on. It's the middle of our senior year. Why are you being so tough on us with these assignments?"

"You know, you're right. Let's forget about those Ds and do as Miss Capelwood suggested. Two Fs."

"No!" Topanga exclaimed. "Don't fail them. Mr. Feeny, Juliet didn't mean it—"

"But he was wrong," Juliet interrupted her. "A D isn't half of a B so I did mean it."

"Ah! The fourth Beatle chimes in."

"An F follows you around for the rest of your life," the blonde said.

"Okay, we'll take your Ds," Cory agreed. "Our college applications are already in."

"Yeah, yours are."

Juliet turned to her boyfriend and her eyes narrowed. "What does that mean, Shawn?"

"Yeah, I filled those out for you," Cory added.

"Julie, Cory, don't start, okay? What's the point? People like me don't go to college."

The redhead sighed and closed her eyes briefly before she opened them. "Shawn," she began, prepared to have the same discussion for the thousandth time.

"Do your assignments, Mr. Hunter, and you'll go to college," Mr. Feeny spoke over the girl.

"And if I get in, how am I supposed to afford it, huh? There's just so many things standing in the way. Besides, I mean, why are we doing all these assignments? They're just busy work. What's there left to learn?" Shawn questioned their teacher, who gave him a flat look.

Cory tried to amend the situation. "Um, Mr. Feeny, he just means that we've been here for four years and there's nothing really left that you can teach us."