1│HIS ANSWER

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ʜɪs ᴀɴsᴡᴇʀ ꒱

❝ FIVE BUCKS SAYS THAT
CORY & TOPANGA ELOPE ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

After the graduation dinner with her family (including Shawn), Juliet and her mother returned to their apartment to have a quiet night in. She slept soundly now that the stress of finals and college acceptance was behind her and three whole months of summer lay before her. Unfortunately, her sleeping in was thwarted by an early-morning knock on her door. The repetitive sound roused her and she stood groggily when it became clear that her mother wasn't going to answer it.

Pulling on her bathrobe, she made her way to the entrance while she rubbed her eyes to clear the sleep from them. When she opened the door, Topanga was on the other side with an urgent expression on her face. Despite not even being alert yet, Juliet knew what had happened. "You asked Cory to marry you?" At the other girl's nod, the redhead sighed and pulled her into the apartment. "Alright, we can talk about it as soon as I wake up."

Nearly an hour later, they were sitting at the breakfast table with eggs and toast as Topanga finished her story: "and throughout the whole ceremony, I just kept thinking about what Mr. Feeny said and I realized that Cory was my good reason not to go to Yale. So now we're engaged."

"I'm happy for you, Panga— really," Juliet told her as she placed her toast down on her plate. "But you guys are so weird."

"No more weird than you and Shawn," the blonde argued back lightly. "You two have been together almost as long as we have."

"But you've had a much more stable relationship. Besides, both Shawn and I are cowards. If it was anyone else making this decision I'd probably be totally against it, but you and Cory are practically the definition of marriage."

Topanga smiled happily, though her tone became stern. "You can't tell anyone, Peaches— not even Shawn."

"I won't, I won't," she promised. "I can keep a secret. Unlike you, apparently." A grin appeared on her face. "It's nice to know why he looked so scared at graduation though."

"He wasn't scared!" Topanga exclaimed. "He was just a little flustered!"

Juliet pushed her eggs around her plate with her fork as she thought. While the announcement wasn't a surprise, she wanted to make sure her friends had considered everything. "What about college?"

"Yale? I already told you—"

"No, not that. I mean, the stereotype for people our age is to have fun and meet other people. You know, not getting married. You don't think that one of you might want to consider. . . someone else?" At the other girl's sharp look, she shrugged. "I'm just trying to make sure you're completely-completely sure. I mean, if Shawn had asked me at my graduation, I have no idea what my reaction would be. Of course, I don't think he'd ever have the guts but that's besides the point."

"You don't think he would?" the blonde asked curiously before taking a sip of her juice.

She shook her head. "I mean, it took him five years just for him to ask me to be his girlfriend. If anyone's going to do the asking, it'll be me." She sent the other girl a teasing glance. "You know how much I look up to you, Panga." Her friend laughed quietly at the as she continued: "I know you just asked him but do you have any idea for a date yet?"