19│I WAS A TEENAGE SPY

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ɪ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ᴛᴇᴇɴᴀɢᴇ sᴘʏ ꒱

❝ WELL, THIS SHAWNZIE 
AIN'T NO WIMP ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Juliet sat with Topanga and Shawn in a booth at Chubbie's when Cory approached them holding a pile of yellow fliers. "Hey guys, this year's spring dance is a '50s sock hop. Like anyone would want to go to this," he scoffed before he turned to the blonde. "Hey, you wanna go to this?"

"No," Topanga replied immediately.

"Of course not. It's me, right? Just because we're not going out anymore means that you don't want to go out anymore. What's that about?"

"Cory, it's about a decision we've made to just be friends and I don't think we should complicate that," the girl answered patiently.

"Topanga, it's a dance. In socks. What's complicated about that?"

"You're the one who broke up with me. Don't you understand that?" Topanga asked.

"Of course I do," the boy replied, "and if you're not careful I'll break up with you again."

"Cory, you've got to stop living in the past," Shawn put in as he exchanged a glance with the redhead. They'd heard this conversation so many times that they could almost repeat it verbatim.

Topanga rose from her seat. "C'mon, Jules."

Pouting, the redhead followed her friend out of the restaurant, stopping every now and then to look behind her. Huffing slightly, Topanga grabbed her arm firmly and propelled the girl out of the restaurant. "You've got to stop mooning over Shawn."

"I'm not mooning over him!" Juliet protested, her cheeks flaming immediately.

Her friend gave her a 'really' look. "If I let go of you, are you gonna go back into Chubbie's to stare at Shawn?"

"No!" she exclaimed before she sighed. "Maybe. It's not my fault!" she added, "you and Cory have the same conversation over and over—"

Topanga rolled her eyes. "You know, since I don't have a love life any more it's my personal mission to get you and Shawn together. It's quite exhausting to watch you two dance around each other. When are you gonna ask him to the sock hop?"

"Topanga!"

"Juliet!" the girl repeated in the same exasperated tone.

"Themed dances aren't his thing, Panga," Juliet told her, "besides, I'd probably chicken out."

As the two girls stopped at the crosswalk and waited for the light to change, the blonde turned to her friend. She put her hands on her hips. "Juliet Capelwood, if you don't ask Shawn out to the spring dance I swear I'll ask him out for you."

"But—"

"No buts," Topanga interrupted her sternly, "if you asked him to do anything Shawn would say yes. You're probably the only person in the world he listens to so you might as well use that power for good to get him to go to that dance. When are you asking him?"

🌎🌎🌎

"I was there, Mr. Matthews," Mr. Feeny was saying to Cory in the Matthews' kitchen, "Communist witch hunts, mass paranoia, people diving under desks for fear the bomb was going to drop. It wasn't quite the happy days you think."