13│SHE LOVES ME, SHE LOVES ME NOT

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ sʜᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇs ᴍᴇ,
sʜᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇs ᴍᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ꒱

❝ HAPPY WIFE, HAPPY LIFE ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

As Juliet walked into class, the redhead noticed a paper flower laying on her corner desk. Curiously, she walked over and picked it up, turning the folded paper in her hands.

"What's that, Jules?" Cory asked.

"It's a paper flower," she answered flatly. She couldn't help but smile happily at it and felt slightly strange for doing so. No one had ever given her one before.

The girl didn't notice Shawn's dark expression at the folded paper in her hands as he sat down. Instead, she looked around to see if anyone else had gotten one and saw that Topanga was holding a similar shape.

"Stuart, do you know who left this paper rose on my desk?" the curly-haired girl asked the boy as Juliet wandered over to them.

His eyes never left his book as he replied, "no."

"Oh," Topanga said. Juliet hesitated on turning back to her seat since his reaction seemed suspicious.

"Actually, it isn't a rose, it's a gardenia and in the language of flowers an orchid means pure loveliness," he explained, then he turned to the redhead but avoided meeting her eyes. "And yours is a Calla Lily which means stunning beauty."

"Well," Topanga said as she smiled, "then the person who left this for me must be a sensitive and caring soul."

A smile pulled at Juliet's lips. Without thinking, she nodded to the boy. "Yeah, it's beautiful. Thank you, Stuart."

Heading back to her desk, she didn't see the boy's head jerk up or his wide-eyed stare that followed her back to her desk due to the use of his first name.

At the back of the class, Cory was forcefully pushing Shawn back in his seat. "Calm down, Shawn!" he exclaimed. If looks could kill, Minkus would be dead five times over.

"Julie's my wife," he complained angrily. "He's not allowed to leave her stupid paper flowers!"

Oblivious, Juliet sat back at her desk and placed the flower in her bag.

"Is it just me or is love blooming among the nerd sect?" Cory asked to try and distract the other boy.

"I don't know," Shawn said grumpily, "and I don't care as long as it stays away from Julie. The only time I've ever seen a look like that was before Bambi's mother caught that bullet." He nodded towards Minkus' stock-still look as he watched the redheaded girl.

"Don't worry, Shawnie. I'm not affected by it," the girl tried to reassure him. "It was just a nice gesture."

"You called him by his first name!" the boy exclaimed, causing her to blink in surprise.

"I did?"

Cory laughed suddenly, trying to force the focus away from Juliet and Minkus. "What a movie they'd make. It's Minkus in Love: watch what happens when forty-eight pounds of near-sighted geek meets ten pounds of hair from a parallel universe!"

"What about me, Cor?"

"You're much too cool," he reassured her. "Besides, you'd be in a movie with Shawn. They'd call it 'Boy Meets Girl' since you're at least human."

"Topanga's human too, Cory," Juliet told him sharply; she left Minkus out for the sake of peace.

"Yeah, yeah, I know."