Unfair

---Kakashi's pov---

How many days had it been? Or was it weeks? I didn't even know what time it was let alone what day. The only thing I knew very well was that I had lost her. Again. That I had failed to protect her and keep an eye on her. Even after I had sworn I would never let her out of my sight again. I did just that.

I had wandered through the surrounding terrain for days, ignoring Yamato and the others as they begged me to return. I kept going, back and forth, sending out my chakra to find her. Summoning my ninken and sending them out to find her but both kept coming up empty. I kept going until I finally collapsed of pure exhaustion and with a dangerous low chakra. The only reason I was still alive was that Naruto and Yamato had refused to leave me. They send the other backs to inform Tsunade and send back up, but they never showed.

I didn't have any recollections about the journey back to Konoha. Yamato and Naruto must have carried me back but I couldn't recall even a single second of the trip.

I woke up in an empty hospital room and the only sound came from the monitor that made sure my heart didn't stop beating. Although at that moment I didn't even care if it did. How could I allow myself to lose her again? How stupid could I be to allow her to be taken by the Akatsuki again? The inner monologue I held with myself didn't leave anything to the imagination. I am weak. I am stupid and I was incapable to keep her safe. What the hell was wrong with me?

My muscles burned as I pushed myself up into a sitting position, my body screaming for me to stop but how could I? I needed to be out there, looking for her. Outside the rain slammed against the windows, lighting flashing and lighting up the world that was thrown into darkness. Although it was still bright in comparison to my darkened heart.

Blood dripped from my hand when I tore out the IV. The crimson liquid dripped onto the floor, making it look dirty but what could I care? I only had one goal and the IV was in the way of reaching it.

I stumbled as I made my way to the chair in the corner, reaching for my still dirty clothes to put on.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"I shouldn't even be here," I said to Tsunade as I stepped into my pants and hoisted them up. I was able to hold in the groan that lingered in the back of my throat, anything to let Tsunade think I was fine but I could feel her eyes watch me. Take in every move that my body made as I got dressed.

There was no reason for me to say anything more. Tsunade knew very well what I meant to say. I should be out there, looking for Y/n, not stopping until I could hold her in my arms again. And when I did find her, I would never let go of her again. Even if I would have to handcuff her wrist to mine, I would do it. This was the very last time I ever allowed her to get out of my sight.

"Kakashi..."

"I'm going Tsunade," I said as I turned around pulling my shirt over my head. "She's out there and she needs me. She's my wife an-"

"You do not have permission to leave Konoha."

My eye widened at her words. I must have misunderstood her but when I looked at her eyes, cold and calculating, I knew I heard correctly. She pushed herself from the entrance, slowly walking my way. Her heels clicking on the ground as she moved closer. Only stopping when she stood about two feet away from me. "I need you here and Y/n is a skilled kunoichi."

"What are you saying Tsunade?"

"I'm saying that if you do leave the village, I'm reporting you as a rogue."

My hands immediately clenched into fists and I clenched my teeth in anger. "Did you really just say that to me?" I questioned as I stared at her in disgust. Tsunade didn't utter a word but I could see that her hazel eyes were certain of her words. She wouldn't hesitate to brand me a traitor and toss me to the wolves that lingered in the darkness that resembled this fate.