In the hospital

'Please don't make so much noise... And for the love of Kami, Kakashi please close the curtains... Wait, Kakashi... Kakashi!'

Sweat dripped down my back as I shot up from my slumber immediately cursing myself for moving so abruptly. My body ached all over, pain shooting up and down my abdomen and my skin felt like it was on fire. My head pounded and the room was spinning before me but I could only think about one person.

"Kakashi!"

I don't know how long I have slept and my body didn't think it was long enough but ignored every sign it gave me. I growled in annoyance at my aching body but I hoisted myself up from the bed, leaning on it as my legs trembled underneath me. My legs were weak and I wobbled when I put my full weight on them but as long as I leaned against something I was able to continue. I needed to find Kakashi to see for myself that he was okay.

I ignored the fact that I was only dressed in a hospital gown and a pair of panties. I didn't care if anybody would see my naked and bruised back and legs. I couldn't think about the burns that made my face and hands hurt, I could only think about Kakashi and how much I longed for his arms to wrap around me and pull me against his chiseled chest.

I panted loudly as sweat poured down my face and I grunted in frustration because I was moving so slowly. Every step I took was followed by a new one but every new one felt heavier than the previous one. I finally made it to the sliding door and I needed all of my strength to pull it open.

The hallway was empty as I stumbled forward, my arm and shoulder leaning against the white walls for the support I needed to keep standing. I looked left and right, hoping for a sign where I could find Kakashi but of course, there weren't any.

"Then I just have to look everywhere..."

I moved slowly, my feet staggering as I went. The sun came shining through the windows, The light made my skin tingle but I ignored the slight burning sensation and did my best to move as fast I could. My breathing became louder with each step I took and my throat and lungs burned as I finally made it to the end of the hall and I almost collapsed in the corner, but then I heard it. The voice I longed to hear more than my own heartbeat.

"I need to find (Y/n)! Where is she?"

Kakashi's was deep but frantic as if he too had just woken up from a deep sleep. I mustered as much air as I could before I yelled out to him.

"Kakashi!"

"(Y/n)-chan!"

I stumbled forward, my body going faster than my bruised and battered legs could carry me. Tears began to run down my cheek in relief, knowing that Kakashi was at least fairly okay.

Kakashi came toppling down the corner, Shizune and Sakura hot on his tail as he tried to run over to me but his body was just as beat up as mine.

He was wearing a pair of dark sweatpants and a tight, sleeveless shirt but I could see how exhausted his body was. His legs buckled almost every step of his way but he was able to keep himself up with just sheer willpower.

We moved as fast as we could, both panting and grunting as we went but finally we reached each other.

My arm flew around Kakashi's neck, while his arm wrapped around my waist, both keeping one arm on the wall next to us, preventing us from falling. Our bruised body pressed against each other while we scanned each other's faces to make sure the other wasn't in mortal danger.

We stood there, clinging on to one another for what felt like minutes, but in our condition, it couldn't have been more than seconds. Kakashi's legs trembled as he used all his strength to keep his knees for buckling while I swayed back and forth, my body overtaken by fatigue and pain.