Welcome home [name]-chan

The trip back to Konoha took about twelve hours. Everybody in the group had their guard up and their goal was to get you back within the protective walls of Konoha as soon as they could.

A collective sigh escaped all in the group but you when you entered the gate. Two men in booth waved at you and called out your name along with some welcome home words. You couldn't remember them but it was clear that they knew who you are.

Yamato came walking over to you and helped you of Akamaru's back. He gave an encouraging squeeze in your hand before releasing it and giving you a smile. "Where do you want to go now [name]? Your home or mine?"

You gave Yamato a dumbfounded look. "I have a home here?"

"Of course you have a home here! We li-" growled the masked man before being interrupted by Shikaku. He grabbed the masked mans arm and pulled him away while telling him. "We're going to report to the Hokage, while Yamato takes care of [name]."

The masked man pulled his arm free from Shikaku's grasp and gave you one last intense stare before turning around on his heels and jumping onto a rooftop towards a round building with a red sign on it.

"Don't worry Taiyō. Everything will come back to you sooner or later."

He gave you a smile before turning around and jumping after the masked man.

You watched both men leap over the rooftops before turning back to face Yamato. "You have to forgive senpai [name]. He is struggling with this pretty hard."

You gave Yamato a small smile before turning back in the direction the masked man had jumped to. "Was he in our class to Yamato?"

Yamato put a hand on the small of your back and guided you through the streets. "No. Senpai is about 7 years older than were are. You know him on a whole different level."

Senpai... It sounded so familiar. As if Yamato always called him that whenever you were around but something was missing. As if the senpai always was accompanied by another word. Maybe his first name? But not one memory with both of them came to mind so you turned to Yamato again. "Where are we going Yamato?"

Yamato wrapped a hand around his own chin and seemed to be in deep thought before linking eyes with you again. "Let's just stroll around the village. Maybe you will start remembering things. Later on, we can go to either your home or mine."

You nodded in agreement of Yamato and followed him when he started guiding you through the streets of Konoha.

Everywhere were stores, signs, banners and smells that seemed familiar.

The street felt as if you had walked there your whole life and it scared you beyond belief. What if Itachi really did something weird to you?

You were to lost in your own train of thoughts that you didn't notice the pinkette and blonde haired boy across the street waving at you. Yamato quickly produced a smile to reassure Naruto and Sakura but signed them to keep their distance. It was important that you would start remembering things yourself.

People called your name and waved around you all the time, but not once did a name pop up in your mind. You just nodded or waved back with a distracted gaze, hoping for any sign that you were starting to remember things again.

You gaze started to glue itself to the ground, frustrated that not once a name came to mind when people were greeting you. Yamato watched your pained expression with his own distressed one. It was excruciating to think that you were being torn on the inside by doubt and fear. He knew you well enough to know that you were very busy blaming yourself at the moment.