Asuma's revelation and paying respects

I landed on my back with a bright smile plastered on my face. I let out small chuckles while I was panting heavily from the intense sparring session with Asuma. I could hear him walk closer to where I was laying and with a thud he plopped down on the grass next to me, smirking at the sight of me being content with myself.

"Feeling better?" Asuma questioned as he rummaged through his pouch in search of something.

"Yes!" I took a new deep breath and slowly sat myself up, tilting my head towards the warmth of the sun. Asuma struggled a bit to light a cigarette with the wind but finally, he managed and he took a deep whiff of it. The slightly sweet scent flowing my way as he exhaled. "Hey Asuma, can I ask you something?"

"I'm not sparring with you again! You almost kicked me in the nuts!"

I laugh but shake my head at the same time. "No, you big baby. When are you gonna make an honest woman out of Kurenai? Pop the question, I'm in need of a party."

For a second, I feel like I have pushed the buff Sarutobi in his grave. He coughs violently while he fires curses at me like a mad man. It takes him a good few minutes before he finally restored his oxygen level and shouts over the wide green field. "Why would you ask me that?!"

"Because I'm curious of course." I rip some grass from the ground and played with it. Throwing it up in the air until the wind picked them up. It felt amazing to be out in the sun and the wind for a bit.

"You guys have been together forever, make me proud and just marry the girl already."

Asuma stuttered and stumbled with his words and I laid back down in the grass grinning wickedly at the discomfort that just radiated from the Sarutobi. 'Such a loudmouth but deep inside just a shy bo-'

"She's pregnant."

I shot up from my lazy position, chocking in a deep breath of air that landed wrong in my lungs. Asuma chuckled as he patted my back, helping me to cough until I finally was able to stabilize my breathing again.

"Dude! That's amazing! Congratulations! How far along are you guys?" I fired question after question, feeling so excited for my friends to become parents. "Is Kurenai feeling okay? Did you guys already have an ultrasound? Do you know if it's a boy or ago-"

"Wow hold on!" Asuma said as he patted my shoulder. "Kurenai is feeling fine, just a bit tired. She's about 8 weeks now." I could hear Asuma fumble around with his pack of cigarettes again. The sound of his lighter going off a few times before he took a deep breath.

I extended my hand and I could imagine how Asuma was looking at my stretched out hand. "Is there something you need?" Asuma asked with a chuckle.

"Well since you don't have any beer or Sake on you, give me a cigarette. We have something to celebrate!"

Asuma laughed but he grabbed my hand and placed the cigarette between my fingers. I heard the pack open again, followed by the sound of the lighter. "I never knew you smoked."