I loved her first

"You're going to Suna to go after the Kazekage who has been abducted, am I right?" 

Itachi was still sitting in the chair, one leg resting on the other while his arm hung on the opening of his cloak. Itachi had his own casual way in talking to you and for a moment, it felt like you and Itachi never split up. 

You, on the other hand, were feeling really uncomfortable for being in nothing than your underwear with your ex in the room but now wasn't the time to be hung up on insignificant details and it was clear that Itachi had a good reason for being here. 

"Yes, but how d-"

"It doesn't matter how I know Y/n-chan. What's important is that you shouldn't be going on this mission" Itachi spoke slowly and with a low voice. He rose to his feet and casually walked over to where you were standing.

You guardedly watched Itachi move closer and closer to you until he was standing only inches away from you. His stretched out his arm and his cold fingers gazed your cheek before he let the arm fall back and it hung next to him.

"You shouldn't be going on this mission y/n-chan. Deidara and Sasori have taken the Kazekage. You know how disturbed they are. Especially Deidara."

You shivered at the mention of the blonds name. Deidara always had been your least favorite member in the Akatsuki. As Itachi stated, he was disturbed and even that term was understating it. His bright blue eyes always scanned your body with something dangerous and sinful hidden in them and the memory made you uneasy.

You shook your head to shake the unsettling feeling and linked eyes with Itachi. His eyes were still their normal onyx color and Itachi seemed as relaxed as always but you felt that deep down, he was battling feelings and emotions. His eye wandered lower and halted on your lips.

Without knowing it, you were biting your lips. An action that both Itachi and Kakashi found mesmerizing and for a split second you and Itachi forgot that you weren't together anymore.

You arms flew around his neck, running your fingers through his satin locks and Itachi's arm wrapped around your waist. Your lips smashed together and like it used to be, they moved together in sync. 

Itachi's tongue pried open your lips and his tongue instantly danced around yours, making your mind turn into mush. His hand was on the small of your back and pushed your body forward, pressing your breasts against his chiseled chest. The warmth of his body heated up your core and you felt yourself becoming more aroused by the second.

The kiss was desperate, passionate and sloppy but it didn't last long. In a flash you remembered Kakashi and bolted back, leaving Itachi with empty hands.

"Itachi. We can't."

You whispered-yelled not to alarm Kakashi of Itachi's presence but Itachi didn't seem to mind if Kakashi would hear that he was with you in the room. He ignored your reaction completely, continuing with the conversation before it was interrupted by your short moment of rekindled passion.  "I'm saying it again y/n-chan. You should not be going on that mission."

You walked over to the bed and quickly started to get dressed, hoping thatKakashi wouldn't come bursting through the door before you were done.You pulled up your shorts and buttoned them before turning your back towards Itachi again and grabbed a hair tie to tie your hair in a high ponytail.

"Why should I stay behind Itachi? Easier for you to kidnap me again if Kakashi isn't here?"

"O but I'm always here babygirl"

Both your and Itachi's face turned towards the door. Leaning against the frame was Kakashi, looking emotionless as always but you could feel the anger coming from him. His headband was up and his Sharingan was shining brightly into the room. 

"Kakashi, you sh-"

"You should stay the hell away from Y/n Uchiha" Kakashi spat at Itachi, venom clearly audible in his voice. 

Itachi seemed unfazed by Kakashi's outburst. He still hadn't moved and his arm was again hanging loosely in the opening of his cloak.

"Haven't you hurt her enough Itachi?" Kakashi questioned, now walking over and standing protectively before you. 

"I have and I'm not here to ad more pain into her life. I'm here to warn her. She should not be going on this mission, it's too dangerous for her to go running towards the Akatsuki while she should be running away from them."

Kakashi's chakra became a deep dark red shade and hit blood pumped through his veins in a hasty way. The muscles of his shoulders and back were so tense that you feared that his clothes would tear he would turn into the hulk.

"You're one of them Itachi. Why are you here to warn Y/n? It's not as if-"

"Because I still love her Kakashi. I will always love Y/n and I will do everything in my power to protect her from ever getting hurt again,"

Itachi now moved his gaze from Kakashi's to your form, peering over Kakashi's shoulder. For the first time ever you saw something in Itachi's eyes that you've never seen before. Fear. Itachi and his ever serious and emotionless eyes now showed you fear. The onyx orbs were big and her eyebrows were knitted together as they focussed on your own (e/c) orbs. 

"I know I've hurt you more than anybody in this world Y/n-chan and for that, I'm truly sorry. 

By now you walked past Kakashi, tears streaming down your eyes as you felt your heart break. The Itachi standing before you was the real Itachi. The Itachi you had fallen in love with many years ago and which you, deep inside, would always love.

Itachi lovingly cupped your cheek, ignoring Kakashi who was sending him daggers through his eyes. 

"I-Itachi" You sobbed silently against his hand, your eyes closed in a useless attempt to push back your tears. Itachi softly wiped away the tears as he smiled down at you.

"I know you're not going to stay here Y/n-chan, you always were a handful, but I will not be around to protect you for much longer. You need to be careful, stay close to Kakashi, and you," Itachi now turned to Kakashi before continuing, "You need to keep her safe, happy and loved. You might be her love now, but I loved her first and I will forever love her. She deserves all the happiness and love in this world. You got that?"

Kakashi now stepped forward and pulled your crying self against him, stroking your hair as you threw your arms around his neck and buried your face in the crook of his neck. "I will do all that but not because you're saying I have to. I love Y/n more than anything in this life. You might have been her first love Itachi, I will be her last."

"I don't care why or how you're doing it as long as you do it. Y/n-chan, look at me."

You turned around with puffy eyes and red stained cheeks to face Itachi. 

"This is the last time you will see me but remember, I will always be watching over you. Stay safe."

The sound of crows filled the room and before you could say anything to Itachi he was gone. The sounds of wings flapping slowly died down and you and Kakashi were left in the room alone.

You felt Kakashi's eyes burn in your back and you tensed up as you turned around. Kakashi was staring at you with a furious look in his face and in that instant, you knew that he knew. 

"Kaka-"

Kakashi lowered his headband, hiding his Sharingan again before turning around. His voice was so cold that is made you fear him."We're late for our mission Y/n. We need to get going."

Kakashi stepped forward but you quickly ran to him and wrapped your arms around him. You pressed your face against his back and felt his muscles tense up. "Kakashi please, let me explain."

"I can't handle this right now Y/n. I need to focus on the mission, not on the fact that my girl was sucking face with her ex." 

Kakashi shrugged you of him, leaving you standing in the doorway of your bedroom. For a moment you feared that Kakashi would leave without you but he turned around while swinging his backpack over his shoulder. "Are you coming? Naruto is going to kill us for being late."