"When, why and where?"

[A/n: Hello! Thank you for sticking with me! I know my updates haven't been as frequent as I would like them to be. I should have chosen an easier job, that's for sure ;) I wanted to take the opportunity to wish you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR! I for one hope 2022 will be a lot better than 2021 was. Because for me, this one was anything but easy. As a little token of my appreciation, please check out my wall. You can still enter the select and win a one shot action. Participating is easy. Just share my wattpad profile and comment with DONE! on my wall. I will use a random name picker to select the winner. You can get to request a one shot with a character of your choice and I always take genre requests into account. I hope to see your name pop up on my wall ;) For now, I bid you farewell! Happy new year! Author-chan out!]

Obito's Pov

A lot of things had changed over the course of the last couple of months. Ever since we went back to Konoha and Y/n walking in on Kakashi, she broke completely. And it was just that, that made all my believes crumble.

For years I had been Madara's puppet. I had followed his guidance like a puppet follows his master's strings. But now, the tension on those strings wasn't as firm as it used to be. Seeing Y/n so broken, a transparent shell of her former self didn't fill me with the joy I had expected it to do. I had thought I would be exhilarated, happy that I could finally bend her to my will. But now, when she was like clay that was waiting for the hands of the artist to form it into something useful, I didn't know what do to with her. I didn't know in what form I should shape her? Where to start with her transformation.

I turned on my side and was faced with her naked back as she slept silently next to me. Sex was more frequent between us now and she never failed to please me. I knew that I was doing everything right when it came to the physical aspect of our relationship. She was a passionate lover. Someone who gave their body and soul as soon as clothes started to disappear. But as soon as we were done, satisfied and tired, she would turn back into her detached self. The shell of the woman I had brought here. She would pull up the sheet to cover her body and turn her back to me. No hugging after. No kisses or talking. She just turned over and went to sleep. Just like she was doing now.

I never even thought about cuddling before. So why was it suddenly an issue? For fuck sake this woman was slowly driving me insane and she didn't even realize she was doing it. She made me question everything I believed in. Everything that I had been doing since I was a teenager. I had sworn to Rin that I would get revenge for her. That I would make Kakashi pay for what he had done to her. And granted, I went back to Konoha several times. I saw that wood style user punch him in the face. I saw Kakashi drink himself in oblivion in the privacy of his home. I was his cry while talking to a picture of Y/n. And seeing all that filled me with joy. It felt so good to see him hurt as much I had been hurting for all these years. But what if his pain and Y/n were linked? What if his misery was her misery? Did I still want him to feel miserable if Y/n would feel miserable too? Why was this so confusing? Why did I care how she felt? She wasn't Rin. Nobody would ever come close to Rin. So why did I feel that annoying need to protect her?

I couldn't even begin to answer that question. This whole situation was exhausting, to say the least. I couldn't even tell you when my whole perspective had shifted so drastically. Why did I care what Y/n was feeling? She was a good lay but to change my thought process just because of that? It couldn't be that simple.

I turned on my back and folded my arms behind my back, staring up at the blanc ceiling. "What would you think about this whole mess Rin?" I whispered in the dark only to be answered by silence. That dammed silence was getting on my nerves. Y/n only spoke when asked a question. The rest of her days were spent in silence. Other members had come and gone, Kisame always popping up at the most unexpected and inconvenient moments but not even he could get her to talk.