Continuing with the mission

Being enveloped by a comfortable warmth was all your mind could register. The sun was slowly climbing up in the sky, warming everything underneath it including you. 

You cuddled up more against the familiar shape next to you and wrapped your arms tighter around the muscled waist you were cuddling. Two fingers caressed the skin of your cheek and you let a faint smile caress your lips before you let your eyes flutter open. 

Kakashi's mask was down, letting you take in the handsome features as he lovingly smiled down on you. "Good morning babygirl"

You lazily rubbed your face against his chest, making Kakashi chuckle and press a kiss on your forehead. "Never run away from me again y/n-chan. I was worried sick," he whispered as he let his lips linger on the skin.

Your cheeks blushed a bright shade of red when the flashbacks of last night entered your mind. "You didn't seem to get too worked up when you found me at first," you chopped back. Kakashi rose his body into a sitting position, staring down at your facial expression. His eye had something confused and angry at the same and you were pretty sure he was going to scold you until he placed his hand on your forehead. "Did you hit your head last night y/n-chan?"

You lifted an eyebrow at Kakashi's action and you brushed away the hand. "I didn't hit my head. Why would you ask me that?"

"You don't feel feverish. Are you feeling okay?"

You figured Kakashi was playing you, most likely with the intention to pounce at you as soon as you played along. You pouted your lip"I'm sore Kakashi. That's your fault."

Kakashi turned around to face away from you. His back was tense that you could see all the muscles through his tight shirt as he shoulders slumbered. "I know, I'm sorry Y/n-chan."

Kakashi's attitude was so unlike him it made you feel uneasy. As if he was regretting everything that happened last time. You felt for him and sat up, wrapping your arms around him."Kakashi, it's okay. We-"

Before you knew what happened Kakashi had pulled you onto his lap, pressing his face against your shoulder hiding his face in the fabric of your shirt. "Just promise me you will never run away from me ever again y/n-chan. I was worried sick when I found you like that. I'm so sorry, I never meant to hurt you I was just so angry."

You rubbed his back soothingly not knowing what to think. For some reason, Kakashi wasn't remembering the threesome with Itachi... How was it possible?

"Kakashi... What do you mean when you say, I found you like that?"

You cupped his cheeks, forcing him to look at you when he answered the question. It only seemed to hurt Kakashi when you pressed him to tell you. The memory was eating at his continuous as he let his eyes wander to the ground.

" You say you don't remember? You were hysterical, screaming. It took me an hour to have you calm down enough for me to take you back to the camp."

The realization came suddenly as Kakashi lifted his head to stare into your eyes. The Sharingan shimmered brightly and you remembered Itachi's eyes during the kiss. They went from onyx to red with black. Itachi had used a Gen-jutsu to grant you your wish without endangering your relationship Kakashi. He had sacrificed himself once more to protect those he loved. 

Tears brimmed your eyes as you imagined how Itachi and Kakashi must be feeling. Kakashi, being eaten alive by guilt before your eyes while you were having imaginary sex with him and your ex. Itachi, knowing he was going to die but loving you enough to let go of you so you could find happiness with somebody else. He would die all alone, without anybody with him to tell him they loved him and that he would be missed dearly.