Itachi's warning

The body on the bed started to shift forms, slowing changing from the young pinkette to the long-haired Uchiha. He was sitting on the bed as if it was a usual thing for him to pop up in your life as he recently had been doing. His arm was comfortable leaning in the opening of his coat and he had his signature emotionless facial expression.

Itachi eyed you up and down, acting carelessly as if ever. "Have you and Kakashi made up Y/n-chan?" Itachi questioned, keeping his eyes focussed on yours.You leaned back against the table and folded your arms in front of your chest. "Does that really matter Itachi?"

"Your happiness and Sasuke are the most important in my life Y/n-chan. Of course it matters" Itachi stated matter of factly. He rose to his feet and stepped in front of you. His fingers felt a bit cold against your cheeks as he pushed a strand of hair behind your ear and let his fingers linger on the skin.

"Itachi... How can I be truly happy when I know you're going to die, knowing what you went through? I can't even bring myself to look at my face in the mirror."

Itachi's pulled you into a hug, wrapping his arms tightly around you, letting his head rest on your hair. You knew that it was a bad idea to wrap your arms around Itachi but they moved on their own accord. Your eyes stung as you fought back the tears that you couldn't let slip out. Kakashi would know. You pressed your face against his chest, taking in deep breaths of the woody scent that came from him. The warmth of his body immediately reached your heart and made if flutter wildly against your ribs. And you knew right then and there that your feelings for Itachi would never die.

Itachi held you for a minute but he started to let go of you, resulting in you only clinging to him more. The Uchiha pressed his lips on your (h/c) locks, taking in the scent that rose from your hair. Underneath the surface of his emotionless exterior, Itachi was battling his own feelings. The more you clung to him, the harder it became to not take you with him but he knew it couldn't be. Itachi would die soon.

"you need to let go Y/n-chan, I need to tell you things and Kakashi will get suspicious if we stay here any longer"

Itachi pried your fingers from his back, bringing them up to his face and kissing your fingers.Reluctantly you let your arms fall to your sides, watching Itachi's tired facial expression. The stress lines in his face appeared to more prominent than ever. Your heart cringed to see the once so strong Uchiha Itachi, looking broken and battered.

"Whatever you do, do not engage Deidara. Especially not alone Y/n-chan."

You noticed that Itachi squeezed his eyes a little bit, giving him a more grim appearance than ever."Where did they ta-"

"Just promise me that you will not fight Deidara" Itachi demanded with a stern voice.

"You know I can't promise that"

Itachi opened his mouth to reply to you but heavy footsteps accompanied by lighter, faster ones started to get closer. Itachi quickly stepped closer and cupped both your cheeks, pecking your lips before he whispered "please stay close to Kakashi Y/n-chan. He's a good man, he will protect you."

Before you could react, Itachi body disappeared as he turned into crows that slowly faded away. You watched as the last sound of the crows dispersed into nothing before quickly turning around at the sound of the bathroom door opening. Sakura appeared, dressed in a towel while she ruffled a towel over her hair, drying it as she went.

"Sakura, you need to get ready, we'll be heading out soon"

The young kunoichi jumped as she was startled by your sudden appearance but quickly recovered when she saw your serious facial expression.

"I'll be ready in a few Y/n-sensei"

"Good"

"Can I ask you something Y/n-sensei?"

Sakura had lowered herself on the bed and was staring at you with big eyes. The emerald color was bright but her eyes were watery as she started to tear up. You took notice of the fact that Sakura still only was a girl, on her way to becoming a woman but not quite there. She looked so small as she was sitting on the bed, just wrapped in a towel.

"Are you and Kakashi-sensei still fighting?"

You were taken back by her sudden question. The pinkette stared intently into your own eyes, waiting for you to respond.

"Sakura you shouldn't tire yourself with questions about Kakashi and me," you told her while putting your hands in your pockets and leaning against the door. You were curious to find out why she was asking you this. Sakura must have felt it because she opened her mouth to explain.

"I just want to make sure you and Kakashi-sensei will be able to work together and keep Naruto in line. I don't know what I would do if anything happened to him."

During Sakura's little speech her facial expression changed. It went from worried to determined as she was making sure nothing would endanger her last peer-teammate. Her shoulders were tensed and high, as her hands started to tremble.You walked over to the bed, squatting down before her and taking her hands into yours.

"You know Kakashi and I would never let anything happen to you or Naruto. We would give our lives to save you"

The pinkette relaxed a bit at your statement. Her lips curled up in a slight smile and her tense shouldered lowered themselves as she exhaled.You let go of her hands and rose to your feet, ruffling her hair. Sakura giggled in response and grabbed her clothes, ready to get dressed.

A knock on the door sounded through the room and Sakura quickly retreated into the bathroom, keeping her out of sight from whoever was standing at the door.You opened the door the slightest bit, seeing Kakashi standing there in all his delicious glory.

"Are you guys ready?" Kakashi questioned while he pushed open the door, stepping into the room and closing the door behind him. His charcoal eye scanned the room suspiciously before he turned back to face you.

"Sakura is almost finished getting dressed, we'll be out in a few"

Kakashi stepped closer and pulled you towards his chest. One of his arms rested on your hip while he used the other to lift up your chin after lowering his mask. He gave you a lingering kiss, making your heart race and a fire starting in your stomach. Kakashi was able to overpower you in such a way it was arousing. You flung your arms around Kakashi's neck, pulling him closer to you as you pressed your breasts again Kakashi's chest.

Kakashi's hands traveled down your sides until they cupped your bum and softly squeezed, making you quietly moan against his lips. You could feel Kakashi's lips curl up in a smile before both releasing your lips and staring in each other's eyes. You pulled up Kakashi's mask before pecking his lips one last time.

"Go get Naruto, I'm coming right behind you with Sakura"