"What makes you better than me?"

{Kakashi's pov}

"How long has she been out now?"

Tsunade rubbed her temples as Inoichi and Shikaku reported on the progress of Y/n. Inoichi had been able to do a mind transfer jutsu and we secured Y/n in one of the underground interrogation dungeons while the rest of us tried to fight off the attack from the Akatsuki. Shikaku had used his shadows to keep her in place.

A lot had happened that day. Me dying was a major one, being revived another. But I wasn't even sure if being resurrected from the dead was worth it. Of course, I was proud to see that Naruto was able to manage sage jutsu. That he came back stronger than I ever could have imagined. That he took after Master Jiraiya in so many ways. But, for me. I didn't know if it was worth it. would it be worth surviving if I lost one of the last people that I truly loved? I had lost my parents, my sensei, my teammates. On one occasion I even lost my wife altho miraculously, she was returned to me from the afterlife. But now, would she return to me again? Would we be able to get past the things that forced us apart?

I had been allowed into the interrogation rooms. I sat next to the bed she had been bound to. A cloth covered her eyes to make sure she couldn't use her jutsu. Inoichi had returned her mind to her as soon as they had tied her hands but she continued to sleep for three full days. A clear sign that she had been running on adrenaline and fumes of her stamina. I held her hand and caressed her hair. I let the tips of my fingers slide off the soft skin of her cheek. This was still Y/n. She was still the girl I fell in love with. The woman who I had promised to love forever. I had slipped up, breaking her heart and myself in the process. But I still loved her. All her weaknesses and flaws. All her perfect imperfections. All of them.

But now, I was leaning against the window sill in the Hokage's office. The Konoha sun warmed the stiff muscles of my back. And now, we were discussing why Y/n hadn't woken up yet and what to do with her.

"This is the fourth day Lady Hokage," Inoichi said as he looked at her solemnly. "I don't understand why she isn't waking up. Her chakra has been restored, her mind has been returned to her the second we knew she was secured."

Tsunade rubbed her temples again, a clear sign that she was battling a fierce headache. No surprise after the stress she had been going through the last couple of days left nobody unaffected. The village was in shambles. Jiraiya's passing was still weighing heavily on her shoulders. Not even her rejuvenation jutsu could keep the worry wrinkles and sorrow from her face.

"She will wake up when she is ready for it," I cut in as I pushed myself from the window sill to join the conversation. Shikaku, nodded in agreement but Tsunade didn't look convinced.

"I don't think we should wait any longer. I want to know how come she appeared with the enemy."

"Well, she could have been put under some kind of mind control jutsu," Shikaku commented as he rose to his feet and walked over to the windowsill I had just been leaning against. "As long as she is out, we will not get answers Lady Hokage." He turned around, his sharp eyes falling on my face. "I think we should give Inoichi the okay to search through her memories."

Inoichi nodded, altho solemnly. It must have been a weird idea to search the mind of someone who once was on our side without question. A team member with whom we have been on missions more than a few times. The lines of what we wanted and what we should were blurred beyond recognition.

"I'm not on board with this plan," Tenzo interjected from his seat across the Hokage. "I know that Y/n's appearance was weird and she hasn't been in contact for a while, but this is still Y/n we're talking about. She is still a kunoichi of the Leaf until we determine otherwise. She deserves to be treated with respect."