(Over)Protective

Tsunade was sitting behind her desk, happily reading out loud what the next mission for team Kakashi would be. The scroll was green of color, indicating that the mission wouldn't be all too hard. 

"So you guys will go to the outskirts of the village to help a farmer built a new barn and aft-" 

"Come on granny Tsunade! I want something exciting as a mission! Not this stupi-"
Naruto's outburst was interrupted by a harsh knock on the head by Sakura while you and Kakashi exchanged looks. The knucklehead rubbed the top of his head where a lump was forming. 

Tsunade just watched Sakura and Naruto, arguing among themselves until Kakashi cleared his throat, making both youngsters immediately quiet down. Kakashi gave them one last angry glare before turning back to lady Tsunade, "You were saying lady Hokage?"

Tsunade opened her mouth but continue her story but was again interrupted, this time by a messager-bird, using his beak to tap the window. Tsunade walked over to the window, opening it and taking the small note from the bird's leg. Her eyes widened while reading the message. Her light brown eyes scanned the words on the small note, before raising her head again and handing the small note to Kakashi. 

Kakashi's charcoal eye quickly went over the note before he handed it over to you.
Hastily scribbled down was the following message: The Kazekage has been kidnapped by Akatsuki. Send reinforcements asap.

"Lady Tsunade?" 

You could practically feel her worries towards Naruto but, Naruto being Naruto, appeared to be the only one not to get what was going on. He eagerly jumped up and won, reminding you of a small child. 

"Granny Tsunade, just tell us what our mission is going to be. And don't make it a boring one! I want something exciting! I want to sho-"

Tsunade raised a hand to silence the boy before he could continue to rant about the mission.

"Naruto, I will give you and the rest of the team an mission, but" and by now Tsunade was staring at Naruto intently, " you have to promise to listen to Kakashi and Y/n. Don't go rogue and act on your own. Do you promise to listen?"

This was the first time you could see the worry on Naruto's face. His eyes went big before he stepped forward. "What is going on granny Tsunade? Why do I ne-"

"Just to it Naruto" scolded Sakura, with an intense gaze. The pinkette seemed to understand the situation better without even seeing the note.

 "Yeah, I promise! Now tell me what is going on!"

Tsunade walked back to her desk and took her seat. She laced her fingers and rested her chin on her fingers. "Naruto, remember your promise. Do not sprint of until Kakashi or [name] say it is time to go, but Gaara, the Kazekage, has been kidnapped by Akatsu-"

Before Tsunade could finish Naruto was already jumping towards the door but you quickly jumped in front of him, blocking his way.A faint red cloak of pure chakra started to surround Naruto but you didn't hesitate to step forward and take his cheeks in your hands.

 "You really need to take a few deep breaths Naruto, otherwise I have to ask Tsunade to keep in you in the village. For our safety and the sake of the mission" you told him in a soft but clear voice and you meant it. If Naruto were to lose his cool, he could potentially harm anybody around him.

"Take a few deep breaths before you respond to me Naruto," you told him when he opened his mouth.

The blonds chests heaved up and down heavily, and your words clearly started to sink in but with his short fuse, taking Naruto with you would still be a challenge. 

 The three others in the room didn't interfere with the conversation between you and Naruto, nor did they seem to want to be the first to break the silence. It wasn't until at least 5 minutes that Naruto finally was able to breathe normally again and the red cloak gradually disappeared.

"Okay Naruto, now that you are settled down, let's go home, gear up and meet at the gate in an hour," said Kakashi. You lowered your hands to Naruto's shoulders and he shrugged them off. "see you in an hour Kakashi-sensei," and he jumped out the window, heading home to collect his things.

"See you in an hour Kaka-sensei, [name]-sensei" and with that, Sakura leisurely walked out of the Hokage's office. Tsunade waited a few moments, making sure neither Naruto or Sakura would return to walk in on the following situation.

"Kakashi, you really need to keep a close eye on Naruto and [name]. We know that the Akatsuki are after both of them." Tsunade told him in a matter of fact tone. Kakashi kept quiet for a moment before turning to Tsunade. "Maybe it would be a good idea to not bring [Name] on this mission Lady Hokage"

"What? Are you crazy? I will not stay behind when you go up against the Akatsuki!" Anger shot through you when Kakashi made his request and you gave him a foul look. Tsunade seemed to seriously consider Kakashi's request, which only added to your anger.

"Lady Hokage! Come on, this is ridiculous. Kakashi will need all the help he can get to keep Naruto in line."

Kakashi chopped back, "Sakura can help me".

You threw your hands in the air in anger and muttered under your breath that Kakashi was being an overprotective d*ck, before you jolted out of the window, leaving Kakashi and Tsunade stunned by your sudden disappearance. 

They stayed silents for a few seconds before you popped up in front of the open window again. "I will be a part of this mission if you like it or not Kakashi!"