One year

Behind the red wooded door, Itachi and Pain had a staredown.
The redhead's face was as emotionless as ever, the same as the Uchiha's.

Pain was the first to break eye contact when he turned around and placed himself back in his chair. "So let me get this straight Itachi. First, you nag to me for months that we need her in the Akatsuki and now, you no longer want her to join? You spoke so highly of her. What changed?"

Itachi stared down into the violet colored orbs while keeping his composure. Itachi still had is arm hang loosely in his cloak, a signature pose for him. "I know it is discrepant, but she will not be an asset for the organization. She has damaged her back so she will be out of commision for months.

Pain held up a hand to stop the Uchiha's ranting. "A back can be healed. I have a feeling there is more to this story than you are letting me know Itachi."

Itachi turned around and walked to the other side of the office. The window was open a crack and it let some fresh air enter the room. Itachi took a deep breath. A hint of freshly cut grass was carried in the wind and it helped Itachi relax a bit. It reminded him of Konoha.

"She just isn't what I had expected. I also ran in some, unforeseen, problems. It would be wise to conclude that having her join just isn't going to work."

"You're still not telling me everything Itachi."

Itachi didn't blink but he could feel that his leader was angry. The purple eyes seemed to burn in the back of Itachi's skull and he contemplated what would be the best decision now. Either come clean and tell Pain everything that happened or holding on to this version of the story.

Before Itachi could decide, Pain made his own decision.

"Itachi. I don't even care what the whole story is. She hurt her back, not her eyes. You wanted her, I agreed with you. Now you will deliver what you promised me. I don't care how you do it, just do it."

"Most likely I will have to put her under a heavy genjutsu. I will have to erase her memory and make her believe that she joined the Akatsuki years ago."

Pain rubbed the bridge of his nose before linking eyes with Itachi again.

"As I said. I don't care how you do it, just do it Itachi. Now leave."

Itachi's face remained emotionless but on the inside, he was fuming.

Itachi hated that he was being forced to do something that went against his own believes but a small part, a small selfish part of Itachi didn't care anymore. He wanted Y/n back and although this wasn't how he originally thought it would go, he was willing to take it.

Itachi turned around to exit the office but stopped his movements when Pain called out to him. Slowly the Uchiha turned around and was met with by the purple orbs.

"I expect her to be delivered to me within one year Itachi. But If the genjutsu doesn't work, or if her memory comes back to her, you know what to do."

Itachi nodded turned around. Never showing a single hint of emotion at the words of his leader. The door of the office slammed shut after Itachi, who silently mouthed one word. "Fuck!"

--- Large Time Skippy No Jutsu! Brought to you by Kakashi's love for Icha Icha!---

The sun was high in the sky, giving the air a warm temperature and made the world look bright and happy. A few butterflies did their spectacular dance of nature and you giggled at the lovely sight.

Months had flown by already and seasons had gone by, showing you their own beautiful features. Summer with it's sunny and warm days was replaced by Autumn, and Autumn with all his wonderful shades of red, orange and brown was replaced by winter. And now spring had again announced its arrival by new sunny days and bright shades of green as the leaves were growing in the trees again.