Hurt Like Hell

'There she is.' Itachi's voice sounded softly through the darkening night, waking Deidara from his slumber. The blond bomber slowly opened his blue eyes and rubbed them tiredly to remove the last of his sleep. Yawning Deidara rose from his spot on the grass before gracefully strolling over to stand next to Itachi and staring down towards the leave village. 'Where is she Itachi-senpai?'

In the meanwhile, Itachi's breathing became more ragged as fear and sadness raced through his body. Down in the darkness, you are slowly making your way over through the streets of Konoha. Guided by Kakashi, his former Anbu captain, who has one arm protectively around your waist while the other holds your hand. Kakashi says something to you and Itachi can see your facial expression change from one in pain to the bright smile that used to lighten up his days. Jealousy runs through Itachi forcing his Sharingan to shine even more brightly. It is clear that you're hurting but still, Kakashi managed to have you laughing through your pain.

'She moved on...' Whispering under his breath, Itachi took deep breaths to keep his composure. Not willing to let Deidara know that he feels hurt he turns around and starts to walk away. The blond bomber turns his head towards Itachi, back down to the village and back to Itachi again. 'Itachi-senpai? What are we doing?'

Itachi growls towards Deidara, never turning back to face him. '(y/n) is hurt. Somebody is taking her to the hospital.'

Excited that something finally is going to happen Deidara quickly reaches down in his pouch to grab so C3. 'Finally! Let's go Itac-' Itachi raises a hand to halt his blond companion. 'No. We need to go back to the hideout and discuss this with leader.' Confused by Itachi's words, Deidara stays in place. The white cloud of smoke appears on the spot Itachi stood only second ago and Deidara doesn't know what to make of these recent developments. Something is going on and it feels weird...

(Readers pov)

It took you and Kakashi quite some time to make it to the hospital. With you injured back, you couldn't walk all that fast. Holding on to Kakashi's strong hand as he guided you through the dark streets of Konoha, you did feel save. Kakashi had one arm protective around your waist to make sure that you didn't trip over your own clumsy feet and he even managed to make you laugh through your pain.

The green and red sigh gradually came in sight and you let out a small sigh of relief. The pain in your back was soothing up and down your spine with every move you made. 'We're almost there (y/n)-chan.' Kakashi gave you a closed-eyed smile through the dark, encouraging you to keep taking steps towards your destination. Feeling strengthened by Kakashi's kind words you took a step but gasped for air when a new flash of pain ran through your back. Clenching your teeth and squeezing your eyes shut to suppress the need to scream you feel Kakashi wrap his arm even tighter around your waist. 'I'm sorry that you're hurting this much (y/n)-chan, but you have to keep going. Just a little further.' Rising your head to look at Kakashi, your eyes link with his charcoal one. Feeling yourself get flustered by the intense glaze you reply to him stuttering. H-h-hai.

---Time Skippy No Jutsu! Brought to you by the Akatsuki's love of nailpolish!---

When you and Kakashi finally made it to the hospital, he quickly helped you sit down in one of the plastic red chairs. He hurried away to fetch a doctor and returned to you within a matter of minutes, a medical ninja hot on his tail. The medical ninja gave you an encouraging smile while escorting you through the long mint green corridors. After a few minutes, he led you into an examination room and helped you up on the bed.

'Just lay here for a bit Ms. (l/n), I will get Lady Hokage for you.

Giving you a little bow before exiting the room, you felt your mind race. What the fell was going on between you and Kakashi? Was it possible that you were falling for the silverette?