Being Judged

[A/n: Pffff I can't remember when I struggled this much with a chapter! If this sucks I am sorry but I was/am having a terrible moment of writer's block...]

Readers pov

Our steps were muffled. The noises muffled by the ground we ran. My eyes kept wandering off to where a moon should be, but it wasn't there. The only thing surrounding me was darkness and if it wasn't for Sakumo's hand, I would have been lost in this world forever. I ran after Sakumo, the only thing keeping me from staying here was the quickly growing desire to get back to Kakashi.

I ran after Sakumo for what felt like hours, but it couldn't have been more than minutes. Or maybe it had been hours, I honestly can't say, but Sakumo finally lowered his pace so I followed suit and lowered my pace until we stopped. Before us was a strange ray of white light, in the light a long flight of stairs. The higher the stairs went, the brighter the light that shone from it.

Sakumo turned around and place both his hands on my shoulders. I averted my attention from the white light that was shining down from somewhere very high to my future father in law. Sakumo was smiling down on me, his eyes closed. 'They have the exact same smile'

"We're about to step onto holy ground Y/n-chan. Here you will be judged if you can return to the other world" Sakumo told me, his expression becoming more serious with each word he said. I nodded my head and let my eyes linger on the steps that I was about to rise.

"Don't be scared Y/n-chan. Shinigami is an honest god. He will judge you with a clear heart." Sakumo told me reassuringly, hoping that he could help me to relax. It didn't. My nerves were on an all-time high as I shakingly took a deep breath and prepared myself to the best of my abilities.

It took me a few minutes before I realized something and quickly actioned on my latest thoughts. I took off my ninja boots and placed them next to Sakumo, who watched me with an amazed but impressed expression. I took a few steps until I was facing Sakumo and bowed my head, my eyes fixed on the ground as my body in a 45-degree angle.

"Y-y/n-chan... Why are you making a Saikeirei? Please rise." Sakumo said a little flustered by my sudden display of apology and respect. I stayed in the uncomfortable bow and lifted my face just enough to face the white-haired male.

"I'm bowing Saikeirei because I do respect and honor you like a good future daughter in law would do. You were and will always be a true hero of Konoha and you shall be treated as such. Forgive me for my audacity earlier, I was out of place an-"

I didn't register what had happened until it already happened but suddenly I was pressed against the muscled body of my father in law. His arms around my back and his face resting against the side of my head. It was a hug like a father and a daughter exchange.

"I'm so proud of Kakashi for having such a wonderful woman in his life. Go and take care of my son for me Y/n-chan." Sakumo stated when he pulled back from the hug. "I'll be waiting here until you and Kakashi get here, but please don't come too quickly. Live a full life together."

"I will do everything in my power to make Kakashi happy Sakumo."

Tears threatened to spill from my eyes but I bit them back and took a few steps back, linking eyes with Sakumo one last time. Just when I wanted to turn around Sakumo called out to me again. "Why did you take off your shoes Y/n-chan?"

"I'm stepping onto holy ground and I'm being judged by a god, I'm not taking any risk of getting denied my soul wish to return to earth because I'm too arrogant to take off my shoes"

Sakumo smiled brightly and for a moment I saw an older version of Kakashi. Older but not less attractive. If Kakashi would grow old to be an exact copy of Sakumo, I was going to be a lucky lady.