Getting Back

(Kakashi's Pov)

"Baby girl... Baby girl you're back"

I couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe that Chiyo had brought Gaara and Y/n back from the dead. The old lady paid the ultimate prize, her own life.

Sakura cried softly as Chiyo's lifeless body rested against hers but the emerald eyes lighted up the tiniest bit when she saw Y/n's chest heave up and down. We all shared the same feelings. Sad that Chiyo had sacrificed herself but incredibly thankful that we had Gaara and Y/n back in the world of the living with us.

The signs of life slowly started to return. Y/n's skin tone was still pale in comparison to the usual but it was much pinker that she was half an hour ago. The wound on her side slowly started to sip out of blood, small droplets of it, running down her body. Her wonderful E/c eyes fluttered open for only a second as a faint smile flashed over her face before she went into a state of deep coma-like sleep.

My y/n-chan. Her chest slowly moved up and down and I couldn't help myself as I checked her breathing every other second. I was so afraid that she would stop breathing again, that her injuries were too severe for even the One's Own Life Reincarnation-jutsu to save her. My heart skipped a beat every time her chest rose, afraid that the movement would stop again.

Y/n's breathing was shallow, the sound of some fluids still gurgling inside her chest. She was far from out of danger.

Temari quickly admitted a shot of the antidote, at least canceling out Sasori's poison. Y/n face flashed in pain for a second before it returned peacefully once more. I scanned all the details of her face again, now filled with signs of life again. I couldn't let go of Y/n. I could slowly feel the cold disappear from her body. The blood running through her veins slowly warmed up her body and core, and I relished myself in the feeling.

Every fiber in my body ached but I wasn't letting go of her. I needed her in my arms to keep my sanity. When we decided it was time to get back to Suna I slowly rose to my feet, my arms still holding on to y/n's sleeping form. I stumbled on my feet and almost dropped back to the ground with y/n in my arms but Gai was quick to grab my shoulders, steadying my wobbling stance.

"Maybe it would be better if somebody else would carry Y/n-chan. You can't even stand properly." Gai suggested, his hands resting on my shoulders.

I couldn't deny that I was swaying back and forth, my legs too tired to carry me, let alone the extra weight of my girl but I wanted to carry her. Her weight was my burden to carry.

I tried to ignore the pain but my arms were too hurt to keep clinging to Y/n's sleeping form. We needed to get back to Konoha and we needed to do as fast as we could. I wanted the best medical care for Y/n and I wanted it now but that meant I had to let go of her. My eyebrows knitted together, annoyed by my weakened state but I signaled Neji to come over.

Neji wasn't known for his lovable actions or his caring nature, but Neji was strong, calm and observant. He was the perfect alternative for carrying Y/n when I wasn't capable of doing it myself. Neji walked over, his steps as graceful as they could be. "Kakashi-sensei?" His lavender eyes resting on the sleeping woman in my arms as if Neji already knew what I was going to ask him. "Neji, can you carry of Y/n-chan for me?"

Neji nodded before carefully taking y/n from my arms, slowly moving so he wasn't disturbing the peaceful sleep she was in. She softly groaned when I handed her over to Neji but other than that, nothing. Neji's arms held on to her just the way I was doing. The only difference between both of us was what Neji's eyes were focussed on the road before us while mine were glued to Y/n-chan's face.