Having a bad feeling

The sun just peeked over the mountains that surrounded Suna from each angle. The desert was still cold, not warmed by the sun magic rays as the day slowly replaced the night.Kakashi groaned in his sleep as he rolled over, stretching out his hand to bury his face again in the sweet scent of your rosy smelling hair but he could only feel the sheets on the place where your body should be. Lazily he opened his charcoal eye to see why he wasn't able to locate you next to him.

Your spot on the bed was empty and Kakashi let his hand travel of the fabric of the sheet. 'the sheets are cold. She must be out of bed for a while now'

Kakashi yawned loudly as he hoisted himself out of the bed, letting his joints pop as he stretched his body. He carelessly walked to the bathroom, splashing water in his face and brushing his teeth before turning back to the bedroom and getting dressed. His mask and headband were the last items Kakashi placed on his body before turning around and walking out of the room, looking both ways before he decided to go left.

The long corridor led him to a door, directly linked with a sandy court.He noticed your silhouette, standing several feet away from him with your back turned to him. Kakashi stealthily walked over to you, startling you as his arms wrapped around your waist and he pressed a masked kiss on your cheek."You're up early babygirl"

You smiled and leaned into his embrace, staring intently at the mountains which were hiding the climbing sun. "I couldn't sleep anymore, I have a feeling." You stated plainly as if having a premonition was something you did daily.Kakashi turned you around, facing you. The back of his hand caressing your skin as he questioned, "what kind of feeling?"

"That we're going to have many problems with Naruto today. He's going to lose his cool."Kakashi's muscles tensed up as you spoke but he remained calm as he pulled you closer to him. "We'll manage"

"One of us going to get hurt..."

Kakashi was taken back by your words but you wrapped your arms around his neck and pulled him down, linking lips with him. You let your lips linger on his before reluctantly pulling away. "We should go wake Naruto and Sakura. We need to head out soon."

You grabbed Kakashi's hand and started walking back towards the door but the copy cat didn't move, making you jolt back as his hand locked around yours."I don't think this conversation is finished Y/n."

"Kakas-"

"What are you hiding from me?" Kakashi asked in a demanding voice, him towering over you as his hold on your hand remained. His charcoal eye drilling in your e/c orbs, sending a shiver down your spine.

You let your mind contemplate all your options as if you really had any but Kakashi wasn't letting you off the hook anytime soon. "I'm waiting Y/n," he demanded in a deep and low voice. Knowing that the cat was out the bag either way, you pried your hand off and grabbed something from your pouch.

You took a cigarette from your package and used your lighter to light it. Kakashi watched with his hands folded before his chest, waiting for what was about to happen. You took a few deep breaths, keeping the smoke your lungs before exhaling it, finally releasing the burning sensation from your lungs. You shot the cigarette away into the desert and turned around, letting your back face Kakashi as you whispered.