Getting ready for the mission

"Y/n-chan?"

You ignored Kakashi as he tried to get your attention like he had been doing for the last half hour. 

After telling him and Tsunade that you would be going on the mission, you bolted home, gearing up and packing a small backpack with necessities. 

"Don't be like this Y/n-chan" Kakashi pleaded again but was only met by silence. You pushed past him and made your way to your shared bedroom to gather some clothes. 

You were inspection your clothes when two arms snaked around your waist and you felt yourself being pulled back against a wide chest. The arms remained on their respective places but a masked chin landed on your shoulder. "Please Y/n. Don't be mad... I'm just worried you'll get hurt" Kakashi cooed in your ear. 

"So you think I'm weak and can't defend myself? Is that it?" you questioned, still ignoring his arms around your waist. You searched through the closet for clothes to take with you on the mission and grabbed a pair of black shorts, some fishnet leggings and an (f/c) crop top. When you tried to turn around to place everything on the bed, Kakashi quickly caught you and now you were facing your fiancé.

"I just want to keep you save (y/n)" Kakashi said while cupping your cheek. His charcoal eye was staring down at you intently and you could feel the worry radiate from him. You knew Kakashi meant well but still, it hurt to be underestimated. Especially by your fiancé. You closed your eyes and took a deep breath in an attempt to clear your mind. 

Kakashi's thumb rubbed over your lower lip, pulling your mind back to the present time and forcing you to open up your (e/c) orbs. "Don't bite your lip when you're angry with me babygirl. I might not be able to contain myself," he told you in a husky voice. 

Kakashi gaze never left your lip and you felt your knees becoming weak underneath you. You leaned into the hand lovingly but remembered after a moment that you were pissed with the silver-haired male. 

Kakashi took the smallest step forward, pressing his body against your own as his hands started to travel from your hips to your bum but you quickly grabbed the hands to halter their movements."This is not the time Kashi, and I'm still pissed at you, even if you have a good reason." You told him with a stern voice but deep inside, you were dying to have his smash his lips against yours and lose yourself in his loving embrace.

You two stood there for several minutes, eyes linked and you could feel a knot being formed in your stomach. His charcoal eye was so intensely looking at you that you felt yourself shrink under his gaze. 

Kakashi rested his forehead against yours and closed his eyes. He seemed to doubt for a second before he whispered under his breath. "I just want to keep you safe so I can return to you and marry you y/n-chan. They stole you from me before, I'm not willing to let that happen again."

Your heart crumbled inside of your chest and you felt yourself give in to his touch. Your finger found the rim of his mask and slowly you received the masterpiece that was his face. You cupper his cheeks, bringing him closer to you and locked lips with him.

The kiss was desperate as if you and Kakashi knew that it would be the last time before it would happen again. His hands moved from Kakashi's cheeks to his hair and your fingers ran through the silver satin soft locks with ease. 

The kiss became more passionate quickly and when you pulled back to get oxygen Kakashi pulled you back, craving more of you.

He softly nibbled on your lips and you opened your mouth to let his tongue slide in. His tongue touched every inch of your mouth making you moan softly.

Kakashi started to slightly push you until your back was pressed against the closet door. Kakashi's hand wandered down until they reached their destination and cupper your bum. You felt a fire starting to form in your core but you couldn't allow it to continue.

Unwillingly you pushed Kakashi back a bit, panting heavily to somewhat regain your consciousness. "We should stop Kashi. We have to be at the gate in 20 minutes."

Kakashi reluctantly let go of you knowing that you were right."There's nothing I can say to convince you to stay here babygirl?"

Kakashi asked, making one last attempt to get you to not join on the mission.

You quickly pecked his lips before shaking your head. "No Kakashi. The safest place for me to be at is close to you. Besides, I have a feeling that you'll be needing me this mission."

 Kakashi smiled at your words. "Okay, ready to go?"

"Just give me five minutes to get changed, then we head out together."

Kakashi nodded and pecked your forehead before pulling his mask back on and walking out, closing the door behind him. 

You quickly threw off your clothes and walked to the bathroom to put them in the hamper. When you returned to your bedroom, you were greeted by an unexpected and foremost unwelcome sight. 

In the corner of your bedroom, on the big white loveseat was a man sitting down. His dark raven hair was tied back into a low ponytail and he wore a black cloak decorated with red clouds. One of his arms was casually handing on the opening in his cloak and his facial expression was as blank as always. His onyx black eyes were staring at your almost naked body intensely, scanning it up and down. "You should listen to Kakashi and stay here y/n-chan."

"I-I-Itachi?"

You had forgotten all about Itachi in the weeks that you were back into Konoha and for a moment you cursed yourself and your mindless ways. [who in their right mind forgets about her Uchiha ex-boyfriend?]

Remembering what Kakashi and Yamato had told you, you quickly activated your dojutsu, making yourself at least safe from Itachi's Sharingan. 

"I can't blame you for activating your jutsu (Y/n)-chan, but I assure you that you won't be needing it."

Itachi remained seated in the chair, not once making a move to come closer to you. Itachi was so relaxed that his attitude made you feel uneasy as if he knew for sure that you wouldn't turn against him or would attack. 

"You can't blame me Itachi. The last time you came to Konoha you abducted me." You told him in a clear voice. 

Itachi stayed silent for a moment. His head turned a bit and his eyes linked to something. You followed his gaze and saw him staring at himself through the mirror. His mind drifted off for a moment before he returned back to here and set his gaze on you through the mirror. 

"I never wanted to hurt you Y/n-chan and I fully intended not to come after you ever again after you fled the hideout but I didn't have a choice anymore," Itachi told you, still watching you through the mirror.

For a moment you saw the old Itachi. The Itachi you had fallen in love with so many years ago. The Itachi you had missed for years.The Itachi you had cried over every night until you lost your heart to Kakashi.

You felt yourself break down a little with Itachi before you. Being torn between the love you had for the memory of the both of you and the love you felt for the man, waiting for you in another room of your house. You cursed yourself for even thinking about the former Itachi but felt your heart break nonetheless. 

"If you're not here to take me away again, state your business and leave Itachi. I'm finally happy without you," you said, dodging his onyx eyes again.

Itachi rose from his seat and within a flash, he was standing before you. His fingers curled underneath your chin and forced you to face him as he explained his purpose in coming to your house.

 "I'm here to warn you (y/n)-chan."