"We have to hurry"

[A/n: Ahhhh you thought that the book ended? Of course not! I'm having way too much fun with writing about Kakashi! If you love FF as much as I do, you can also check out my other books :). Little explanation for this chapter, thoughts will be in cursive, just to be clear :) Author-chan out!]

---Kakashi's pov---

"Y/n-chan! Don't leave me!... I can't live without you..." My heart broke when I saw the windows of her soul slowly lose their light. The once piercing (e/c) orbs were now dull and lifeless, staring into nothingness. My last words didn't even reach her, she already died before she could hear me say that I couldn't go on without her. Naruto's arm was the only thing holding me up but the only thing I wanted to do was crawl over to Y/n's lifeless body and wrap my limbs around her, feeling the warmth of her skin one last time before the cold harsh reality of death would take over.

Sakura hands trembled as tears streamed down her face, cursing loudly at herself for not being able to rescue my dear Y/n-chan. In any other time, I would have managed to reassure my former student but now I was to heartbroken to even register what was being said or done. I just watched Y/n's face, the faint smile still on her lips, as I prayed to Kami and anybody with supernatural powers to bring her back to me.

The wind started to pick up and blew a strand of the (h/l) (h/c) locks over her face. 'she hates it when hair is in her face'

I let go of Naruto and fell forward, my eye fixated on her sprawled out figure as I crawled on my hands and knees to get to her. I ignored the people saying my name and the tears that dripped from their eyes. My only goal now was to get the strand of hair out of her face just because she hates it so much.

My fingers trembled so hard that I was having trouble to get the hair between my fingers. My vision blurred because I was so exhausted or maybe it was because of the tears, I don't know. The fight with Deidara took so much power from me, powers that I shouldn't have used because then, I would have been able to protect Y/n like a good fiance should have done. "Goddammit" I muttered under my breath as I couldn't get all the hair out of her face and eyes. 'She hates it so much when her hair is in her face'

Something moves in the corner of my eye and I can feel the warmth as large fingers guide mine to the strand of air on my beautiful Y/n's face. The hand helps me push the strand of her hair behind her ear before it releases its grip on my own hand. I let my hand linger on the already cold skin, caressing it softly with my thumb. 'Why won't this blurriness subside? I want to see her face, I need to remember every detail of it'

"Kakashi... Let's close y/n-chan's eyes"

I blink rapidly, finally able to get my vision straight again.

I can hear the sorrow in Gai's voice. He is sitting on his knees on the other side of Y/n's body, next to Sakura who's hands have stopped trying to do the impossible. 'She might be a great medical ninja, even medical ninja's cannot bring back the dead.' Gai's large hand caressed the soft (h/c) locks as tears stream down his eyes without sound. His hand slowly but certainly moved over her face, softly closing those magnificent piercing orbs for the last time.

"We should go back to Suna Kakashi-sensei" Naruto whispers, putting a hand on my shoulder and lightly shaking me, as if he wants to make sure his words reach me.

I don't reply, I just let tears fall from my eyes and let my hand linger on Y/n's cheek. 'She's so cold already... '

My eyes dart from her face to her chest and back again as if by a miracle, her chest will start moving again if I only pray hard enough.