The untold story of Y/n and Asuma - Part 1

---Flashback---

"Y/n-chan?"

Dark skies and clear heaven. Stars shining brightly down on the earth during the warm summer night.

"Hmmm?"

"Should you be out here?"

I ignored the question and kept my eyes focused on the tape that was tied between the small gate. The Uchiha compound. Closed of forever, all because of Itachi. The stench of blood still lingered in the air. The copper smell made my stomach turn but I couldn't look away. I wanted to see the damage Itachi had done.

"Y/n-chan."

The voice was closer now. I could smell the faint but distinctive scent of a cigarette. Warm breath fanned over my neck and body heat started to seep through my clothes as the male stepped closer.

"Don't do this y/n-chan," the voice said as large hands gently grabbed my arms. "This isn't helping you or anybody else."

I allowed him to turn me around and stared up at the buff male.

Asuma had a worried look in his dark eyes. They traveled over my face until he noticed my appearance. "How long have you been here?"

I looked at the moon climbing higher and higher in the sky before I looked back at him. "What time is it?"

He gave me a questioning look but lifted his arm to look at his wrist.

"It's almost eight," he answered as he lowered his hand again.

"Then I've been here for about 5 hours..."

I stated the fact as if it wasn't weird for me to be standing here for hours on end. I didn't even feel my legs anymore. They were number by the training and just standing here without a purpose or goal. I could hear Asuma groan and cocked an eyebrow at the buff Sarutobi. "Why do you care anyway?"

His mouth twisted into a frown as he stepped back and created some distance between us. "I just figured you could use a friend."

"I don't need a friend," I answered as I stretched out my hand. "But I could use a cigarette."

Asuma looked weirdly at me but reached in his pocket nonetheless. He handed me the pack and lighter, allowing me to take what I needed.

The smoke burned in my lungs before I exhaled with an almost content sigh. I took another hit of the cigarette, closing my eyes and taking in the sweet burning sensation that it offered.

"I didn't know you smoke."

"I never did until now."

Asuma shot me a look that said it all. I was lost. A lost puppy without Itachi to guide me. His eyes were pitiful and the bitter taste of anger appeared in my mouth.

"Don't look at me like that," I snapped at him. If anything, his eyes turned even sadder. I could see him take in a deep breath which he held in his lungs for a second and then let out. He stretched out his hand in order to place it on my shoulder but I slapped it away. "Don't you dare think I'm weak!"

suddenly, Asuma's demeanor changed. His eyes squinted the tiniest bit and his jaw clenched. "What if I do think you're weak," Asuma hissed. "Look at you! Trailing here in the dark searching for kami knows what."

With the cigarette still clenched between my lips, I attacked. I threw a punch but Asuma was fast. He caught my wrist and twirled me around, slamming my front against the cool wooden fence that surrounded the Uchiha compound. "You were taught better. Never attack in a blind rage," Asuma hissed as he kept me pinned against the wood with just his body. I could feel the heat and shape of his body press tightly against my back. I growled and tried to push him off but his body moved even closer, pinning me harder against the wood. "Stop this and go home."