Sad News

My eyes had returned to normal. Not a single sign that my eyes once had turned into dark, unseeing orbs. It was only a faint memory. An evil dream that would soon drift to the back of my mind only to be remembered every once in a while. The only thing I couldn't bring myself to do was to activate my jutsu. A subconscious fear still tugging at me that my eyes would turn dark again if I tried.

Kakashi and I were mostly back to normal. Although I was slightly more... How shall I call it? Clingy...

I couldn't get enough of him. I had missed his face. The expressions he could make. The colors of his mismatched eyes. But most of all the way he looked when he was asleep. How relaxed and handsome he was as his chest heaved up and down in slow even breaths. I was so thankful I was able to see it again that I found myself staying up late and waking up early. Just so I could see it.

But right, now, I was at the training grounds. Jiraiya had received a mission from Tsunade and left me with orders on how to proceed in my training. So I did.

I worked until my body ached and was covered in sweat. I trained my eyes until I had to fight to keep them open or I simply fainted by the lack of chakra. And right now, I had reached my limit.

I dropped to the grass in a heap of sweat. My chest heaved heavily as I tried to catch my breath and fought hard to stay awake. I closed my eyes, allowing myself to calm down until somebody spoke.

"You're stamina sucks."

The voice was familiar, yet it had changed. It was deeper than the last time I had heard it. The way he pronounced his words, the words he chose. It couldn't be, but it was.

I shot up, my body protesting heavily but I ignored it. Sasuke was standing at the edge of the training grounds, hidden in the shadows of the trees as he looked at me. He had grown. He was taller than I remembered and his chest was wider. His clothing was a clear indicator the rumors were true. The purple cord around his waist, similar to the one Orochimaru uses.

"Sasuke, are you back?"

He stayed standing in the shadows. His eyes as cold and emotionless as a cold winter night. "Of course not. I'm here to get intel about my brother."

"I know nothing about him," I said as I folded my arms. I kept my distance, knowing that with my current state I couldn't even think about starting a fight with him. I didn't know how much he had learned during his training under Orochimaru but I knew quite well that he must have gotten strong. Something dangerous radiated from the boy I always thought would be my brother in law one day.

"Bullshit," Sasuke commented as he stepped forward. "I know you've been talking to Itachi." He closed the distance between us until he was standing only a foot away. He towered over me, something I never even thought possible. He had changed so much after the massacre. Cold and distance but still he reminded me of Itachi. Maybe, he would come to his senses...

"Sasuke, I haven't even spoken to Itachi in months. I can't help you."

"You always had a soft spot for him," Sasuke growled. "Pathic."

"Seeking revenge is pathic Sasuke. It's empty and shallow and won't do you or your clan any justice."

I could feel his chakra flare up and took a stance but Sasuke remained on his spot. "Tsk, those are the words of somebody who hasn't lost everything," Sasuke snarled. "Well, I remember everything every clear. Even how you lost the one thing in life you always wanted."

I could feel how mean Sasuke was at the moment. His words stung but I wasn't budging. "You can throw that in my face Sasuke but I can't help you in finding Itachi. I've made a new life for myself a-"