Fracture!

(Y/n's Pov)

"Keep telling yourself that Tobi."

I knew for sure that there was something weird with this Tobi character but I just couldn't put my finger on it. Part of it was the change in character that he showed me when it was just the two of us but there was something else, something far more dark that I could think of. Something dangerous that I wanted to investigate but my training and years of experience warned me to stay clear. This was a box of Pandora, one that should be left closed, no matter how badly I wanted to open it.

I threw my pouch on the bed and my cloak on the tatami matted floor. A bundle of black and red that looked so bright against the faded beige. Two futons laid next to each other, their edges pushed against each other to form one large bed rather than two separate ones. "I'm gonna shower."

Tobi's statement caught me by surprise. He had remained silent for a little while, his one eye glancing over my body and face as he squared me up. "What? No gentleman offer to allow me to use the shower first?" "Only ladies deserve offers like that."

What kind of fucking remark was that? His attitude had been fine, kind even. Why the sudden change? Tobi's voice was harsh, a mean streak laced thickly into his tone. Never had I been this annoyed at something that hid someone's face. What was going on in his brain? What was he thinking when he said something like that to me?

"Well if you don't think I'm a lady, what do you think I am then?"

I asked that before I thought about it and his reply was quick and swift, no second spared as he snapped at me. "A bitch. Like all women are."

It suddenly dawned on me. He was trying to get me worked up. Either to make me lose my head, leading to Kami knows what, or he was winding me up so he could try to make me slip up. And slipping up around this guy would have big consequences. Big enough to end my life.

"Well, if you already think I'm a bitch, I might as well act like one."

Without looking at him or waiting for his response, I grabbed the hem of my shirt, taking it off as I walked towards the bathroom. Before I reached the sliding door, the shirt dropped to the ground, my hands already moving to the strings of my pants. "So you can wait your turn while I use the shower."

I slid the door closed and locked it. I stripped down and turned on the faucet, the warm water spraying in my face and drenching my hair as I stepped into the cubicle. I reached for the white bottle that stood in the shower, complimentary shampoo from the hotel. The scent of roses and lavender filled my nostrils, sweet and appealing as I started to massage my scalp. I flinched when I suddenly felt something warm against my back. Strong fingers took over the massage of my hair but stopped when I moved to turn. "Keep looking forward."

Deep and familiar. This was the voice of Tobi when he was in the other persona. I didn't even know which one was his real one but I did feel that I should do as he said. Turning around would have severe consequences.My mind was running miles a minute. I was in the shower, naked and vulnerable, with a man whose aura screamed power and darkness while his fingers worked on my scalp with a touch that made shivers run up and down my spine.

"Rinse."

He ordered me in an authoritative tone and weasel that I am, I followed his order without question or counter from my part. I just moved under the falling water, allowing the warm stream to clear away the white layer of bubbles.