Getting ready

(Readers pov)

I cannot even begin to explain how grateful I was for having friends like these. Sakura and Tsunade were quickly healing all of the burns on my hands and face after they had healed the large gash on my stomach. I was still a bit shaken up by the amount of blood I had lost but I was feeling better by the minute.

While Shizune helped me shower, Tsunade, Kurenai, and Sakura were preparing everything I needed for this to feel real. I smiled as Shizune guided my wobbly self out of the bathroom towards a desk in front of the window. I could see the sight redness in the skin in the mirror but the blisters were gone. I relaxed my shoulders, knowing that at least those hideous things were no longer visible.

While Kurenai started blowdrying my hair, Tsunade rolled up her sleeves and started to work on my make up. Within the next hour, my hair and makeup were beautiful. Kurenai had curled my hair and used bobby pins to make it look like a big waterfall of hair. She decorated my locks with some pink and white flowers and nodded happily about the work she had done. Never in my life had I felt so much hair on my head and I stared in awe at the awesome hair due she was able to produce. I glowed with pride and gratitude.

Tsunade might be an incredible doctor, but a career in the makeup business most certainly was an alternative if she ever decided she didn't want to be a doctor anymore

Tsunade might be an incredible doctor, but a career in the makeup business most certainly was an alternative if she ever decided she didn't want to be a doctor anymore. My skin was flawless when she was done with me. My eyes were colored with different shades of white, slowly fading over into brown and black. Tsunade applied some eyeliner and false lashes before she nodded, happy with her handy work. The had colored in my eyebrows and dusted my lips with a pinkish lipstick.

When I looked at myself in the mirror I could feel my eyes starting to burn

When I looked at myself in the mirror I could feel my eyes starting to burn. Never had I felt ugly, not once did I doubt my own appearance, not even in my puberty but after what Tsunade and Kurenai had done to me, I felt like a million bucks. I tried to push back my tears, tilting my head back to watch the ceiling when I heard Tsunade mutter behind me. "Don't cry! You'll smutch my masterpiece!"

Our small group erupted into laughter and I was able to keep my tears in. I smiled brightly when Tsunade stepped next to me and placed a hand on my shoulder, softly squeezing is as we linked eyes through the mirror. "You look very pretty (Y/n). But now I have to make sure that Kakashi is ready for you."