Breaking point

(Obito's pov)

So gentle. The way her hands took care of the cuts on mine. She cleaned them off, using a cotton ball drenched in alcohol before carefully bandaging me. Her hands were so small in comparison to mine. How was it possible that those tiny hands were able to cast such deadly jutsu's? She reminded me of Rin as she delicately took care of me but on the other hand, she was so much more fierce than Rin could ever be. Rin didn't have a bad bone in her body while Y/n was filled with them.

After she took care of me, I told her to get ready. We had things to do and places to be, but more importantly, I had something to discuss with fish-face. I walked back to the common room, looking for the blue beast as I examined the bandages on my hand. She had worked diligently, her eyes not once wandering from the task before her. It was a sight to see. It was cute how she scrunched up her nose as she focused and how her head fell slightly to the side as she examined the cuts. It made me wonder about the other way she would touch people. Was she always this gentle? Or did she have a violent streak in her when things were too close for comfort? I was curious and the freak inside me wanted to test out the theory.

The door of the common room was wide open and Kisame's large form was easily spotted on the brown leather sofa. He was wrapping clean bandages around Samehada, his hands working as diligently as hers but with much more force.

"We need to talk."

Kisame looked up from his sword, his dark eyes focused on the peephole in my mask.

"What do you want?" He asked as he steered his eyes back to the weapon.

"There's a change of plans," I said as I sat down opposite of him. "You will be collecting the scroll on your own. I'm taking Y/n on a different kind of mission. You are not to inform her, we will split ways when we reach the village hidden in the waterfalls. You will continue to Kumogakure alone."

Kisame's hands stopped working again. I could feel his chakra flair and I could feel his inner turmoil as he tried to compose himself. "And where will and y/n go then?" he asked, his eyes straining to look through the tiny hole.

"That doesn't concern you," I replied as I rose to my feet again and moved to walk but he blocked my way.

"I made a promise to Itachi to keep her safe," Kisame spoke slowly as he towered over me, his large arms hanging against his sides as he clenched his fist. "And I plan to keep that promise. Even if that means I have to go head to head with you."

"Do you plan on dying for pussy that you aren't even touching?"

The room was suddenly filled with tension. Kisame and I squared off without making a move. This was the most stupid thing Kisame has ever done. He knew that there was no way he could beat me, tail-less tailed beast or not. His jutsu's just weren't strong enough to hurt me and he never was able to figure out how mine exactly worked. I could how Kisame was trying to figure out how to respond to me but he wouldn't. He knew I was right, that he would die if he were to get in my way. And that wasn't worth it, not even if he had promised Itachi.

"I guess you made the smart decision here Kisame." I put a hand on his chest and pushed him to the side so I could move past him. "No hard feelings. I know you and Itachi were friends but there's no need dying for him and some silly promise he shouldn't have burdened you with. "

He didn't reply and I didn't care to wait for it. Whatever he would say, I wouldn't listen to it anyway. I wandered into the hallway where the bedrooms were. I was planning to knock on her door but before I even reached it, it slammed open and the h/c beauty rushed out, almost running into me.